Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got V2.

Default Just got V2.

I just got my V2 and im a little scared and taking my time, I have been playing around with my stock tune and changed it up quit a bitover about a time of 15 hours or so, once I am done with it i might try it out in my truck. but that will only be if im 100% sure it wont blow my truck up.

any advice you guys have to a new user please post up.

-Nemo
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

Hi Nemo,

First take some logs of various pids and get comfortable with how they should look, this may help you later if something doesn't look right.

Also, first (before doing anything else), read/save your original stock factory tune to file and save duplicates on various media (CD, USB fob, ...).

Lifetime Member

Definitely save your stock tune in like 3+ different places just in case something happens to your PC. And dont go making a ton of changes right off the bat, start small and log the changes. Then go back and repeat until you have that parameter where you want then move on to something else. Dont do large steps even though we all want to, you're just asking to mess something up.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

After editing the tune file, I compare it to the previous and/or original just to sanity check myself.

Ok guys, thank you for the advise...

I tryied to load my first tune, went in fine... I did a scan on the tune installed and it was very bad for this elevation(6,000ft) which im use to Phoenix(2,000ft)... So I started returning my truck to stock and it rejected the bootloader half way through...

Truck would not start. After a couple of days with e-mails with Paul, Michael, and Mike with no luck of getting the truck started. I finally had my brother tow me to GM and the dealer reflashed my truck, which took 8 attempts for them before it went in...

I am now scared sh*tless to try and load another tune.

-Nemo
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Ok guys, thank you for the advise...

I tryied to load my first tune, went in fine... I did a scan on the tune installed and it was very bad for this elevation(6,000ft) which im use to Phoenix(2,000ft)... So I started returning my truck to stock and it rejected the bootloader half way through...

Truck would not start. After a couple of days with e-mails with Paul, Michael, and Mike with no luck of getting the truck started. I finally had my brother tow me to GM and the dealer reflashed my truck, which took 8 attempts for them before it went in...

I am now scared sh*tless to try and load another tune.

-Nemo
    You need to make sure your firmware and software version is up to date. That would probably have alot to do with it.
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML 4x4 LTZ-Black
    -H&S Mini Maxx | MBRP 5" w/Muffler | 4" Rancho Lift | BMF REPR 20x9 DM | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's 35/12.50's.

2012 VW Jetta TDI - Daily Driver.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

Quote Originally Posted by 8100 Power View Post
    You need to make sure your firmware and software version is up to date. That would probably have alot to do with it.
    It is the newest software to date... Paul@efilive and I went over that.

-Nemo
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

I think Paul went over this with you, but did you make sure any aftermarket stereo equipment was not connected? Often people will put in iPod adaptors, XM radio adaptors, DVD players that also get wired in to the communications bus on the vehicle.
    If you have anything like please make sure you disconnect it before starting to program, many of these aftermarket devices do not 'behave' when trying to program the ECM (or TCM).
    It sounds like GM also had a lot of issues trying to program the ECM too, which indicates to me there is something on your truck causing some interferance problems.
    Your experiences so far are certainly not normal, hopefully we can figure out what on the truck is causing the problems.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Also, before flashing:
    - make sure vehicle battery is fully charged,
    - power your laptop from non-vehicle source,
    - close doors, make sure dome lights are off,
    - turn off all accessories, headlight/parking lights, rear defogger, AC, stereo,
    - if applicable, engage parking brake to turn off daytime running lights.

Everything was off, doors were closed, all stereo was off(Subs,tvs, deck, dvd players, and PS2), radar detecter, dome lights, head/tail lights, were all off. I had nothing in the truck on besides the dash lights(which were turned down)... I also had charged the batteries on the truck so they would stay fully charged.

I dont know anything else that could cause the problem. Paul mentioned that I attempt to unplug the BCM fuse also before trying again... I will most likly try again on monday when the dealership is open, ill do it right outside their shop just in case...

-Nemo
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast