Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got V2.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    ...Your experiences so far are certainly not normal, hopefully we can figure out what on the truck is causing the problems.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Also, before flashing:
    - make sure vehicle battery is fully charged,
    - power your laptop from non-vehicle source,
    - close doors, make sure dome lights are off,
    - turn off all accessories, headlight/parking lights, rear defogger, AC, stereo,
    - if applicable, engage parking brake to turn off daytime running lights.
    What was particularly strange on this install, was he succesfully flashed the truck. When his log turned up jiberish, and then parked it, that is when all the fun began.
    We went over the importance of all the above mentioned items, spent many hours bringing all software and firmware to date.

Battery voltage probably is underappreciated. I have eased (full) flashing problems just by having a battery charger hooked up.

I had suggested that Nemo reattempt the flash while still at the dealer, but he was understandably gunshy after 3 days without a vehicle.

Paul did mention that the BCM fuse may play a big part.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Couldnt put it any better... and I greatly appreciate the many hours you put in trying to help me get it running...

-Nemo
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

I would humbly suggest that you read the (new) stock flash on the truck now, save it, and when you flash, use that first. This takes as many variables out of the process as possible.
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

On some vehicles, remove the fuses for BCM and On-Star.

I dont have onstar. :( but i normally will unplug everything.

-Nemo
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

What blows me away, is the only problems I seem to encounter is with LLY's. This has driven me nuts throughout the years, as there seems to be no rhime or reason for the boot blocker errors that occur. I've tried to flash a dozen times on a truck only to have the thirteenth go through. Same thing with a techII, the LLY's seem to have a random bug.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Have you updated the firmware?

I had to say it.
    Custom Tuning Services

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Have you updated the firmware?

I had to say it.
    I think maybe I need to update the firmware in my head, but I've yet to find a place to do it!
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    What blows me away, is the only problems I seem to encounter is with LLY's. This has driven me nuts throughout the years, as there seems to be no rhime or reason for the boot blocker errors that occur. I've tried to flash a dozen times on a truck only to have the thirteenth go through. Same thing with a techII, the LLY's seem to have a random bug.
    Based on some of the logs I saw from NEMO, the BCM is sending data onto the bus that really has no place being there. The BCM is sending out responses to a "phantom" scan tool. i.e. it is replying to messages from a "scan tool" or some module masquerading as a scan tool which is not FlashScan, during the full flash.

If there is some module on the LLY bus that is "pretending" to be a scan tool in order to get PID data from the ECM then that would cause a big problem during a read or reflash.

Or it could be a bug in the BCM that just spontaneously emits replies to a "scan tool" that the BCM thinks is connected when no scan tool is actually connected.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I had a similar problem with my lly when I first used efilive. Before I got efilive I was using a PPE programmer and the instructions for the PPE device had me remove several fuses from the main box before flashing the computer. I did this for efilive and it worked just fine.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast