Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just got V2.

Normally with a stock (as in electronics) LLY there should be no need to pull any fuses then lift your left leg and cross your fingers before you reflash.
    We spent a fair amount of time on LLY's getting this right, I did not want people to be needing to pull fuses to get them to flash.
    From what we hear things for the most part go smoothly on the LLY, the stubborn trucks also seem to exhibit the same programming issues with handhelds & TechII, it is almost like there is a build of trucks with a made in China BCM fitted!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Normally with a stock (as in electronics) LLY there should be no need to pull any fuses then lift your left leg and cross your fingers before you reflash.
    We spent a fair amount of time on LLY's getting this right, I did not want people to be needing to pull fuses to get them to flash.
    From what we hear things for the most part go smoothly on the LLY, the stubborn trucks also seem to exhibit the same programming issues with handhelds & TechII, it is almost like there is a build of trucks with a made in China BCM fitted!

Cheers,
    Ross

I am making a tune right now but I will try to flash my truck again once this is completed... I will let you guys know how it goes...

-Nemo
    Last edited by Nemo; December 3rd, 2008 at 01:43 PM.
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Have you updated the firmware?

I had to say it.
    Everything was updated in the process to find the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Based on some of the logs I saw from NEMO, the BCM is sending data onto the bus that really has no place being there. The BCM is sending out responses to a "phantom" scan tool. i.e. it is replying to messages from a "scan tool" or some module masquerading as a scan tool which is not FlashScan, during the full flash.

If there is some module on the LLY bus that is "pretending" to be a scan tool in order to get PID data from the ECM then that would cause a big problem during a read or reflash.

Or it could be a bug in the BCM that just spontaneously emits replies to a "scan tool" that the BCM thinks is connected when no scan tool is actually connected.

Regards
    Paul
    I will unplug the fuse to the BCM before my next attempt...

Quote Originally Posted by jermstyle View Post
    I had a similar problem with my lly when I first used efilive. Before I got efilive I was using a PPE programmer and the instructions for the PPE device had me remove several fuses from the main box before flashing the computer. I did this for efilive and it worked just fine.
    On my PPE I had to unplug just the stereo fuse due to the fact of the aftermarket system...

-Nemo
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

I went to the dealership today and they let me pull my truck in just in case it rejected again...

I started unloading my stock tune, bootloader was rejected. I tryied a second time and it came out flawlessly.

I than started loading my tune and it went in with no problem...

Even though this time worked easy, I am still scared to change the tune... I also need a fuel pump but it will be here very soon...

-Nemo
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Tryied to "swap"my race tune out for a Econ tune and it rejected it again, had to get the dealership to reflash it again... I might switch back to my PPE programmer because I cant just keep paying them to re-flash my truck... :(

-Nemo
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Hopefully Paul or Ross will be able to get to the botom of it.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Does it still fail with the "Use High Speed" box unchecked?
    E85 is NOT flex fuel.

2003 Chevy S10 4.3L LU3 LS1B Auto
    48 LB injectors
    Race Proven Motors 2114 intake
    T70 turbo.

Unchecked, checked, BCM fuse, radio fuses unpluged, lights off, it all does the same, I keep trying differant things and ive spent MORE money having the dealership reflash my truck than i paid for my V2...

-Nemo
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Do you have access to another truck? It would be a good test to see if you can read the ECM from another truck, this won't burn a license and will prove if the problem lies with your truck or the V2/PC setup.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Do you have access to another truck? It would be a good test to see if you can read the ECM from another truck, this won't burn a license and will prove if the problem lies with your truck or the V2/PC setup.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I might have access to a LBZ if my buddy will let me try... other than him I dont know any other D-max's besides KillerBee...

-Nemo
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast