Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Just got V2.

Come on by.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

When you want me to drop by?

BTW: I really appreciate it.

-Nemo
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

anytime this week will be fine. Except Monday.
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available

Quote Originally Posted by blksmok View Post
    Before you turn someone elses ECM into a brick I would try the following to isolate.
    Get with one of us here in the valley that has EFILive. Since the problem happens even on a read, you can try the following.
    1. Try and read your ECM with their V2 and laptop (takes both your laptop and V2 out of the equation. If it's still a problem, then that points to your ECM.
    2. Try and read with your Laptop and their V2. That takes only your V2 out.
    3. Try and read with their laptop and your V2. Takes out your laptop.
    One of those three should isolate the problem without risking anyone elses ECM.

I'll do it if you are gonna be out in East Mesa.
    This is from dmaxcentral... might not be a bad idea...

-Nemo
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    I might have access to a LBZ if my buddy will let me try... other than him I dont know any other D-max's besides KillerBee...

-Nemo
    LBZ is no good as it uses the less problematic CAN bus, not like your truck.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    LBZ is no good as it uses the less problematic CAN bus, not like your truck.
    There is a Dyno day this Saterday, there will be quite a few people there, I will play around with it there...

-Nemo
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

how did it go Nemo?
    Custom Tuning Services

After you put that one in I have not changed...its pretty fast, trans holds and im getting about 21-23 mpg... I will attempt to tune it myself on Friday night if my Fuel pump gets here in time...

So basically we unhooked the stereo fuse, the aftermarket amp, and the problem is my Volts drop when the tune starts going in, so I will be changing my batteries soon. If that does not fix it I will move to a bigger alternator.

If im missing anything Killerbee please correct me...

-Nemo
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

What is your voltage during a tune install? Load test your batts before buying a new alt.
    12 Second LMM

we didn't take a reading on the bus, but his gauge was unusually low. After pulling his aftermarket amp fuse and throwing a battery pack on it, it flashed fine. That all happened after several failures, so my conclusion was voltage. We got lucky.
    Custom Tuning Services

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast