Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problems with the speedo calculator

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Thanks for the detailed report, I am able to reproduce the error here at EFILive. Working on a solution...

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Until an update is released that fixes the problem, you can prevent the error by unchecking the checkbox next to the first item in the transmission tables list. That item should not be in the list as it is a read-only calibration. When EFILive (incorrectly) attempts to modify it, it fails.

See image which shows which checkbox to uncheck.

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	4288  

alright i did that. the shift points and the trans changed to a lower number compare to the orginial number. is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by goldbergv95 View Post
    alright i did that. the shift points and the trans changed to a lower number compare to the orginial number. is that normal?
    Well that depends on what you changed in the tire/gear settings.

Think of it this way:

If your 1st->2nd shift is at 20mph with 3.08 diff ratio, and assume the engine is spinning at 5500rpm at 20mph. If you change your diff gear ratio to 3.42, then at 5500rpm you will be traveling at a lower speed. So you want your shift points to be lower to maintain the 1st->2nd gear shift at 5500rpm (same goes for all other shift speed points).

It gets more complicated to calculate when you change both tire and diff at the same time. Depending on the values they may partially cancel each other out or both setting may add to the total adjustment necessary.

EFILive calculates the percentage change (positive or negative) for all the shift mph speeds. It then applies those changes when you press [Adjust].

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Well that depends on what you changed in the tire/gear settings.

Think of it this way:

If your 1st->2nd shift is at 20mph with 3.08 diff ratio, and assume the engine is spinning at 5500rpm at 20mph. If you change your diff gear ratio to 3.42, then at 5500rpm you will be traveling at a lower speed. So you want your shift points to be lower to maintain the 1st->2nd gear shift at 5500rpm (same goes for all other shift speed points).

It gets more complicated to calculate when you change both tire and diff at the same time. Depending on the values they may partially cancel each other out or both setting may add to the total adjustment necessary.

EFILive calculates the percentage change (positive or negative) for all the shift mph speeds. It then applies those changes when you press [Adjust].

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Guys for all the help!

Is this normal?

I had a tune up with pcmforless, the Vehicle Speed senor reads 65724 and the Trans Output Shaft Rev reads 2637.4.

But when I got another tune from them for an addition of changing gas to premium and I change the tire size and gear ratio to 3.42 which is what the truck gear ratio originial came from orgininal tires 245/65/17, I calculated my now tire size with my gear ratio 3.42 and tires aftermarket 265/35/22 the Vehicle Speed senor reads 58503 and the Trans Output Shaft Rev reads 1462.6.

But now for future purposes when I swap my gear ratios from 3.42 to 4.10 the Vehicle Speed senor reads 70138 and the Trans Output Shaft Rev reads 1753.4.

Is this normal? Because the Vehicle Speed sensor and the Trans Output Shaft Rev starts right between, then lower now its higher(4.10)

Default Stay tuned! This is gonna be fun!

Is this normal?

I had a tune up with pcmforless, the Vehicle Speed senor reads 65724 and the Trans Output Shaft Rev reads 2637.4.

But when I got another tune from them for an addition of changing gas to premium and I change the tire size and gear ratio to 3.42 which is what the truck gear ratio originial came from orgininal tires 245/65/17, I calculated my now tire size with my gear ratio 3.42 and tires aftermarket 265/35/22 the Vehicle Speed senor reads 58503 and the Trans Output Shaft Rev reads 1462.6.

But now for future purposes when I swap my gear ratios from 3.42 to 4.10 the Vehicle Speed senor reads 70138 and the Trans Output Shaft Rev reads 1753.4.

Is this normal? Because the Vehicle Speed sensor and the Trans Output Shaft Rev starts right between, then lower now its higher(4.10)
    Stay tuned! This is gonna be fun!

Brian uses LS1 Edit. Your EFI LIVE stuff will work differently.

I'm still suffering with it. The speedo stuff is complicated.

Chuck CoW
    Last edited by Chuck CoW; December 10th, 2008 at 01:28 AM.
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Stay tuned! This is gonna be fun!

Brian uses LS1 Edit. Your EFI LIVE stuff will work differently.

I'm still suffering with it.

Chuck CoW
    You probably know better than I do Chuck but Alvin tunes the P10 I6s using EFILive/HPTuners/whatever else he has up his sleeve.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Is this normal?

anybody?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12