Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problems with the speedo calculator

Default problems with the speedo calculator

Hi Im new to this tuner. I have 02 Chevy trailblazer I6 regular. I have 3.42 gear ratios change tires from 245/65/17 to 265/35/22.

Problem is I dont know the drive or the driver sprocket for my trans which is 4l60e. And my Speedo Fine Tuning is all zero. What is the correct calculation? thanks

If I am not mistaken , you just have to use the first tab[SPEEDO CALCULATOR] and put in the correct info, hit the calc button, then hit the apply button at the bottom , then save tun, then flash.
    Roy 98SSSSSS

its just werid that after i save it when i checkthe speedometer the tire size is again N/A and the gear ratio changed from 3.42 to 3.29. is something wrong with that?

Can you post your tun file?
    Roy 98SSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    If I am not mistaken , you just have to use the first tab[SPEEDO CALCULATOR] and put in the correct info, hit the calc button, then hit the apply button at the bottom , then save tun, then flash.
    it doesnt work that way with the latest verion plus pcmforless alwasy ask for the orginal tires. u'll have to put the orginial tires with the new ones

orginial 245/65/17 gear 3.42 to new tires 265/35/22 3.42 gears

3tune.tun

As long as the numbers in {H0101} and {H0104} hold the values from the calculator you should be good.
    I just did a comparison of your posted file with one I ran the the speedo calculator on. The values did change in {H0101} and {H0104}
    The values I got afterwards are 58504 and 1462.6 respectively.

Your correct on the numbers not staying in the calculator with what you typed in. But as far as I know that shouldn't matter.
    Roy 98SSSSSS

Lifetime Member

Hey man, Ive got an 02 TB I6 that Ive done a bunch of tuning on. To get the speedo correct, load up the speedo calculator and punch in your values for tire size, profile, rim size. The only other param you need to change is the gear ratio to 3.42. Dont worry about fine tuning or sprocket ratios (read the caption, just for FWD trans) and fine tuning is just used if your speedo is off by like 1 mph so you can adjust it. Also, once you have generated your new values make sure you change the shift points so everything matches up.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    Your correct on the numbers not staying in the calculator with what you typed in. But as far as I know that shouldn't matter.
    but if the numbers dont say and cant not save why shouldnt it not matter? then that means the pcm tune wont work correctly.

already did got the latest upgrade and provided both orginial and new tires but 1) it does not save do to some error 2) doesnt save to 3.42 on gear it just leaves it at 3.29.

here is what i did: speedo calculator typed in 265/35/22. clicked on two of the refresh buttons. change the gear ratio to 3.42.

on the next tab sprocket ratio: the last two options to fill were change to 3.42

on the next tab speed fine tuning : i dont know what to put on the speedometer or on the exact speedometeer

the last tap shift point correction: put in both the old and new tire calculations including the 3.42 gears on both.

I see the adjusted by -0.80%

I press apply

here is the result:
    access violation of access ....efilive.exe
    and some othere problem i dont even understand.

Which build of EFILive software...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast