Thread: Oh No!!! Flashing problems!!

Default Oh No!!! Flashing problems!!

Okay so I was switching to a OS3 which requires a full flash, I read all the warnings about doing a full flash and plugged my laptop in and put a charger on the car. Something happened durring the flash and EFILive told me not to turn off the ignition so I didn't and then I did another full flash like it said this time my VIN came up as all zeros and EFILive said it needed to assign the PCM a new serial number or something like that... I'm not really sure what happened but it did its thing and everything worked fine car still starts and runs, but I went out to get a late lunch (in my car) then when I got home I wanted to change a few things back in the tune. So I made the changes in the tune and went to reflash and ran into some problems... :( Below is a screen shot of the errors I get. Flashscan is now saying that this PCM is not registered in the V1, and that I have to buy another license... Like I said before it flashed fine about 2 hours ago and now when I connect its saying that my PCM is not licensed... Anyone got any ideas what the hell is going on!!

-CoryF
    2001 Camaro SS #2070
    -K&N FIPK, P/P TB, 227/231 .614/.617 111+4, UD Pulley, LT headers, OFY, Dumped 3" Exhaust, !AIR, KONI 4/4, Spec 3+ w/ Aluminum Fly Wheel, 4.10's, Custom EFILive Tune

OMG reading through other posts I see that the New 7.5.5 update fixed this stupid bug!!
    If a full flash fails and is recovered using EFILive, it can cause the controller’s serial number to be reset. EFILive will now automatically restart the recovery process and re-acquire the serial number from the controller.
    Now I wish I would have kept up with updates!!! Well I am still having the same problems but as soon as I get this figured out I'm switching to the newest version!!! UGHHHH!!!

-CoryF
    2001 Camaro SS #2070
    -K&N FIPK, P/P TB, 227/231 .614/.617 111+4, UD Pulley, LT headers, OFY, Dumped 3" Exhaust, !AIR, KONI 4/4, Spec 3+ w/ Aluminum Fly Wheel, 4.10's, Custom EFILive Tune

I pm'd Tech Support.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I pm'd Tech Support.
    Thank you Joe! I'm tellin you what this car has been NOTHING but problems since the cam swap. lol

Off topic: Joe I was able to get tags for the car so now my plates are good till 2010 so I don't have to worry about emissions for a long time but the car still isn't running right. I'm hoping to get the wideband back tomorrow that way I can keep messin with stuff tryin to pinpoint the problem with the lean problem.
    -CoryF
    2001 Camaro SS #2070

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoryF View Post
    Like I said before it flashed fine about 2 hours ago and now when I connect its saying that my PCM is not licensed... Anyone got any ideas what the hell is going on!!
    -CoryF
    Sometimes the PCM's serial number and VIN get reset to '0'. A dealer reflash can do it and using a very old version of EFILive can do it as well. EFILive will generate a new serial number whenever it finds the serial number has been erased. That means you need to re-license the PCM.

Obviously you don't have to pay for the new license, we will send you a replacement license. Please send your FlashScan serial number and auth code as per this thread: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5790 to me at paul@efilive.com.

In the email, include a link to this thread so that I can correlate your email with this thread.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Blacky,
    You are awesome! Thank you so much for the fast response!!!! The info you asked for is coming across in an email now.

Thank you for a super fast response!!!

-CoryF
    2001 Camaro SS #2070

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Replacement license sent.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.