Thread: Wierd problem. 3 BAR MAP max's out at half throttle??

Lifetime Member

Default Wierd problem. 3 BAR MAP max's out at half throttle??

I rescaled the 3 bar map parameter to 287 witch matches the stock map 1 bar reading. As soon as I hot 1 psi the map gauge on the dash is maxed and it falls on its face. Map gauge idles at about 100 kpa?? What would cause this?

With a 2002 custom O.S. for 3 bar should the MAF FREQUENCY FAIL 1 (2901) BE 0 OR 1, AND SHOULD MAF FAIL FREQUENCY FAIL LIMIT (2903) BE 0 OR 1? I am finding conflicting posts? I had the "fail 1" set to 1, then I saw a pst that said to put it to 0, so I did, I think I will put it back to " 1" and see if it still does that.

Anyone?
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

Lifetime Member

I also noticed by mu log files that it never went above 4400 rpm. That was the limit it reved to along with the MAP gauge being pegged when it would fall on its face??
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Lifetime Member

Well, I have everything setup as per the 2/3 bar tutorial. What is going on is, when I watch the boost gauge, As soon as it hits 0 psi on my Eboost, the motor falls on its face like its on a rev limiter. I checked the rev limiter and even turned it off! Did not work When idleing, it shows like 190'ish MAP kpa on the 3 bar map gauge, and will peg at 0 psi. So basically at atmospheric pressure The map gauge is pegged and logged 400 something kpa. That is super high! Some kind of setting or calibration is incorrect.

And I have double checked everything!
    The Boost map is completely populated.

I am thinking it must be a problem with either the map sensor, or the map scaling? I have irt at 287 to be 100 kpa with key on, engine off.
    IT'S LIKE ITS USING THE ENTIRE 3 BAR RANGE OF THE MAP SENSOR FOR 1 BAR?

What should the map kpa gauge show at idle? 0?

Do I have to adjust the "PREDICTED MAP MAX" and MIN tables? right now they go up to 105. I have the "MAP SENSOR SCALER" Set to 287 in the C6301 parameter.

Anyone? This will take someone who really knows this system... Anyone?

I am kind of a sitting duck right now.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

I'm no expert here, but from everything your describing, it sound like you only have a 1bar MAP sensor and set it up for a 3bar senor. Did you change the MAP to a 3bar? Are you sure it was in deed a 3 bar sensor? I check that first. You should be able to test it buy checking the voltage on the center pin of the MAP sensor with the ignition on and motor off. If its a 1 bar, it will show just under 5 volts. If is a 3 bar should show around 1.6 volts, or 5/3= 1/3 of the max 5 volt output for the sensor. I would start there.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Lifetime Member

Ross so kindly said he would help me. I sent him my files and he ran my program. Everything looked fine he said. Do you know what it was???? Torque management pulling timing back about 30 degrees! Torque management was the last thing on my mind as I run a 12 bolt and a t400 in the chevelle! In the next couple day I will be cranking this pig up! I will let you know! Thanks.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors