Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HUGE Problem after flashing

Default HUGE Problem after flashing

*Note: This is my first time flashing the pcm

I just tried to flash my pcm from a 02 chevy trailblazer I6 with the pcmforless tune and heres what happened:

Test the pcm check, got a pop up saying that my thing is not licencse so it told me to click on the liscense button under the status of pcm check. so i click it

then once it reached the bootloader 1 out of 4, 2 out of 4 then

bootloarder interupted: reason no reply or no reason.

then i check the codes and here what pop out

System Readiness Tests Results

Specifically Monitored Systems Tests Results

Oxygen Sensors Tests Results

Diagnostic Trouble Codes
    P0606 "ECM/PCM Processor Internal Fault" EPA ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P1681 "Control Module Throttle Position (TP) System Performance" EPA ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P0606 "ECM/PCM Processor Internal Fault" EPA Pending ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P1681 "Control Module Throttle Position (TP) System Performance" EPA Pending ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P0606 "ECM/PCM Processor Internal Fault" MPHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P1681 "Control Module Throttle Position (TP) System Performance" MPHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P0607 "Control Module Performance" PHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

B0029 "Right Front/Passenger Side Deployment Loop Open" HC ($58) "Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)"

B0030 "Right Front/Passenger Side Deployment Loop Voltage Out of Range" HC ($58) "Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)"

B0041 "Left Front/Driver Side Deployment Loop Open" HC ($58) "Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)"

U1000 "Class 2 Data Link" H ($81) "Audio Amplifier (AMP)"

U1000 "Class 2 Data Link" HC ($A7) "Rear Seat Audio Controller (RSA)"

B1740 "(Left Front/Driver or generic) Seat Front Down Switch Circuit" HC ($AA) "Passenger Seat Module (PSM)"

History data

how do i fix this??

Lifetime Member

OK, unplug everything, turn your TB off completely for like 5 mins. Also, close out of all EFILive related programs.

Then plug the OBDII cable into the TB, then into FlashScan, turn ignition on to run, plug usb cable into pc and flashscan, then open up your tune file. Now click flash, uncheck "Use High Speed" and flash it. It will take like 2mins, but at least it works. For some reason out of the 4 TBs Ive tuned (1 02, 1 03, 2 04s) the 04s didnt like high speed, my 02 is always fine on high speed and the 03 was fine too.

Dont worry about any of those codes, they will all be cleared when you flash successfully. Nothing is wrong with them, just dont like having the bootloader mess with their settings I guess.

And just curious, do the OS in your TB and in your tune file match? If they dont you have to manually copy all the tables from your tune to a stock file and resave it so its your OS. We cant full flash the P10s so you have to match everything up first.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    OK, unplug everything, turn your TB off completely for like 5 mins. Also, close out of all EFILive related programs.

Then plug the OBDII cable into the TB, then into FlashScan, turn ignition on to run, plug usb cable into pc and flashscan, then open up your tune file. Now click flash, uncheck "Use High Speed" and flash it. It will take like 2mins, but at least it works. For some reason out of the 4 TBs Ive tuned (1 02, 1 03, 2 04s) the 04s didnt like high speed, my 02 is always fine on high speed and the 03 was fine too.

Dont worry about any of those codes, they will all be cleared when you flash successfully. Nothing is wrong with them, just dont like having the bootloader mess with their settings I guess.

And just curious, do the OS in your TB and in your tune file match? If they dont you have to manually copy all the tables from your tune to a stock file and resave it so its your OS. We cant full flash the P10s so you have to match everything up first.
    when they gave me the tune I then changed the tune to adjust the tires and gear ratio thats it.

I have an 02 too. I dont know if the OS is the same since the file is from pcmforless.

I dont understand about the OS thing...

Lifetime Member

Open up your PCM4Less tune file and look at the Operating System segment that pops up with your VIN and such. Then open up your stock tune file and check it. They have to be identical otherwise you have to copy ALL the tables from the PCM4Less tune into a copy of your stock tune to flash it. Different OSs store data in different parts of memory so flashing a file with a different OS without changing the OS (which we cant do) could overwrite critical data, so it is not allowed.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

one problem. i did not save the orginial stock OS file since this is my first. the orginial pcm file was a pcm tune up and just today was an minor adjustment pcmforless made. but if the tune up failed does that mean the orginial pcm is still there or already override but not entrly?

how can i look for the OS on the orginial pcm stock file?

when i uncheck the fast speed it is still the same. it did not complete the flash. what else is the problem?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

So long as your attempt to reflash the PCM did not start (i.e. if it failed before erasing the PCM) then you can still (and should) read out the stock PCM settings. (If your TB still starts and drives, then the PCM has not been erased.)

Also, please follow the instructions here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...111&Itemid=121
    Send the *.blx files to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Sounds some what simular to what happened to me on my Duramax except mine tryied to reflash and rejected half way through... It erased everything and wouldnt start... but the dealer was able to reflash my ECM after about 8 attempts...

-Nemo
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

Yeah , have had a couple of 06 TBs had to do a SLOW flash and it worked .
    Had one drop after wiping the memory and it took 3 attempts to get it take the flash .
    Like the others said second click on the key , first click "Acc" , second "Run" and third "Start" position , so second click .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Well make sure you read the stock file out now otherwise you might be pissed at yourself later down the line.
    ~Erik~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast