Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seed/Key, what is the purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by CalEditor View Post
    Backwards?
    What I meant was given these Siemens ECM's are using the C166 CPU's (from memory) it means 16 bit values are stored backwards (little-endian), aka, 'what where they thinking'.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

This is used on 2000 to 2003 It uses 2 Infineon processors. The first is a SAK - C167CR - LM GA The second is a SAK - C167CR - 4RM The C167CR/SR are high-end members of the Infineon full featured single-chip 16-bit microcontrollers. High CPU performance is combined with peripheral functionality and enhanced I/O-capabilities. A wide variety of on-chip features such as large on-chip ROM, multi-functional standard peripherals, and application-specific peripherals (e.g. optional CAN) is available. The C167CR features an on-chip CAN module which has been designed to fulfill the requirements of automotive and industrial control applications. http://datasheet.digchip.com/216/216...67CR-4R33M.pdf

This is a P07
    Hey guys

This is the 04 to 05 Northstar FWD PCM

This is known as a P07 PCM

AM29F200BB

-55SE

0339ABA J

1997 AMD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AM29F800BB

-55SE

0343FBA HH

1996 AMD

-----------------------------------------------------

The two processors are

Infineon

SAK-C167CS-LM

BOSCH

BA SIEMENS 97
    __________________________________________________ ___

This is a P07 and a E22 side by side

FWD Northstar vs a RWD Northstar for 2004 and 2005

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    What I meant was given these Siemens ECM's are using the C166 CPU's (from memory) it means 16 bit values are stored backwards (little-endian), aka, 'what where they thinking'.
    stored backwards is what I ws thinking.

Every 2000 and 2001 FWD Northstar uses 2 segments. The large segment is 421 kb and common in all 2000 and 2001. The VIN specific/Build is all in a smaller file. 76 kb

Every 2002 and 2003 uses one large file again, but it has a different cal ID. The small file is 76 kb again.

76 kb and I can't get a VDF built. I am spending tooooooooo much time looking at over 100 different cals and determining what = what

It's stored on the flash (for most ECM's), but that is the point, to gain access to the flash (via the OBD-II port) you need to know the key to get in, you can't 'get' the key from the flash without knowing the key.
    Pretty much like locking your keys in the car, you can't get in via the door without the key. Once in the car, you can get the key to get in the door, but at that point you are already in

Quote Originally Posted by CalEditor View Post
    This is a P07 and a E22 side by side
    Is it just me or do they look like the same thing?
    I assume internally they are different given one does the trans control too.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Is it just me or do they look like the same thing?
    I assume internally they are different given one does the trans control too.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I scanned a 2004 FWD Caddy. I built it as a 2003 and I had proper communication. I had a 2000 that I built as a 2004 and I had proper communication. If the protocol is incorrect the Tech II will state Wrong Vehicle Selected. This git me thinking. Same CPU in both Hmmmmm. I wonder if I could install the P07 in a 2005 RWD Caddy and get the Tech II to communicate with the PCM over GMLAN.

I had no communication on the GMLAN
    I filled the intake with gas and had to clean that mess up.

I am about ready to by software for the 2006 and up Northstar's. Then I will work backwards to get the 2004 and 2005 RWD Northstar's hammered out and then into the 2000 to 2003 to get those done. I am just missing too much. I had a friend help me with the big file and he found one line. I think it was injector rate vs voltage. I sent him the wrong file. I should have sent the smaller one.

Keep hacking guys, thats what we like to see
    When you get bored you can start on the dodge ECU's
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I had heard Dodge had that rolling encryption making tuning hard, I also heard that another tuning shop had used TunerCat OBD1 to make a def file it and was using that to tune them, but not sure what they used to flash unless they did it the old fashioned way, with my heat gun.... Has a great effect of rendering any "password" or S/K useless.... Like Ross said, like having your keys and being already inside the car.....

Quote Originally Posted by ringram View Post
    Keep hacking guys, thats what we like to see
    When you get bored you can start on the dodge ECU's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast