Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pre-ignition

Default pre-ignition

hi everyone
    ive had 6 entries of tuning auto ve table -just wondering what would be the next step ?.....maybe addressing the kr i seem to be getting pre ignition between 1500-2000?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't know... but get your channel count to 24 or less...

Channel count <= 24 means 10 samples/second
    Channel count > 24 means 5 samaples/second

Remove LONGFT1 and LONGFT2.

Fix that and then to do another pass.

VE table looks ok, except high end of it looks like it hasn't been hit yet.

Might want to go richer on high MAP end of B3605 (the flat area)... say 12.6 AFR... in most cases I see your knock occurs right at the cusp of the flat part B3605, right where the operating point "enters" the flat 12.95 AFR (1.13 EQ) area.

this is my recient log and ve table update ....what do u think? im still getting kr but not as bad might need some pointers on high oct spark table.or a new map ?
    Last edited by drdarthinvader; November 5th, 2008 at 01:14 AM.

Hi drdarthinvader, Can you tell me what mods have been done to the car? Your high octane table looks very tame to me

Regards James
    2004 VY2 Clubsport, COMP 228/230 .571"/.573" 112LSA, Patriot gold springs, Rollmaster, Manley pushrods, 1.7 YT ultralites, 25% Underdrive, Pacemaker 1.75" 4 into 1's, Magnaflo metal cats, twin Difilippo 2.5", KAAZ LSD with 3.73's, Stone Racing 4L60E, EFILIVE COS5 OLSD, PLX SM-AFR/DM-5. 380rwhp/696nm

yes .ive got 3:91s diff -k&n intake- pacemakers 4into1 with 2.5" system
    -race 3"cats -heads throated and ported -std cam -std bottom end
    -160*thermostat-

Hi mate, With those mods i'd expect to see some more timing than that. Before I installed the cam into my clubby I had very similer mods to you and was running a COS5 mafless tune making 240rwkw with the A4. My WOT timing in that tune was about 23-24 degrees at .80 grams/cyl and more mid table aswell. Also keep in mind that a loose exhaust hitting the under body can also trigger a false KR or any other loose parts for that matter, (these knock sensors have been known to be very sensitive). Here is one of my mafless tunes that I started with when I had similer mods to you, Have a look and you'll see the difference in the tables. I hope this has helped some more.

Regards James.
    2004 VY2 Clubsport, COMP 228/230 .571"/.573" 112LSA, Patriot gold springs, Rollmaster, Manley pushrods, 1.7 YT ultralites, 25% Underdrive, Pacemaker 1.75" 4 into 1's, Magnaflo metal cats, twin Difilippo 2.5", KAAZ LSD with 3.73's, Stone Racing 4L60E, EFILIVE COS5 OLSD, PLX SM-AFR/DM-5. 380rwhp/696nm

thanks for that i noticed a difference in ve tables not real 100% on mine eg down low at 15 grams its down to 9's is that dfco being disabled??? i think i might still dwell on getting the ve right before i move on to spark tables

Hi Mate, Use my spark table as a base and do another auto ve set and see how it feels, remember when you make changes to spark tables you should always revise your VE table as the two go hand in hand. Do another auto ve and take some logs then post them up for us to look at. I would also recomend that you consider changing to one of the custom operating systems to take advantage of the extra tables and features they offer

Let me know how you go

Regards James.

ive used your spark tables in high, low oct spark and pasted to base and in gear tables also removed the cats (had the wb lc1 after the cats )this is todays log have some kr but when at wot nothing ? beats the hell out of me also pasted todays log to the ve table so will see more improvement .let me know what u think.......

Hi Steve, The only thing that i can see that stands out with the KR problem is that most of the knock is happening when the IAT's get above the 48 deg mark and there was no KR untill towards the end of the log (that's when IAT's get high) Keep pulling timing see if it goes away.

Another thing i see is that your cruising afr's are more often rich than lean,They could be leaner. (FUEL SAVING)
    Most of your LC1 AFR's seem to be in line with the commanded AFR, Thats good Overall how did it feel with more timing, did you notice any better response?

Hopefully someone else can chime in and spot somthing that i cant, Heaps of very clued up people on here, You should be able to get it sorted.
    Are you considering a custom operating system yet? Sorry for the late reply, Had a huge weekend!!!!

Regards James.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast