Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Tuning

Default Ford Tuning

Darn, I wish you guys where considering Ford support! I just spoke with SCT, which is really the only other company out there for Fords (Yes, HPT has Ford support, but it's only 05 and newer; SCT is like 1989+). Anyway, Their Pro Racer Pack is $349 without an interface, and this is for ONE vehicle. Then it's $300 to get another PCM code, and I THINK that would require another flash interface as their interfaces are kinda like a blank predator where you can only tune one vehicle at a time... To do more than one vehicle, you need the SCT Advantage (dealer software) which starts at $2500! Seriously, if you guys had the time or manpower, or hired the manpower to add Ford support, I would think you could really be SERIOUS competition to SCT.

have you looked here ?
    http://www.snipertuningforums.com
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

Yes, Sniper is a better option.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I got a demo copy of Sniper's "Delta Forces" software... It's a bit clunky, IMO... Anyway, it's not high on my list of priorities right now.

On a similar note, does anyone happen to have SCT's Advantage software and the ability to create a .xtr file for a PTP2 PCM?

Maybe clunky, but flash times are much better than the other tuning options for FORD.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The hardware for sniper is pretty good, as you said, the software is clunky? Compared to SCT 's single vehicle box's, snipers interface box can hold up to six tunes, but they can be for six different vehicles, also if you flash a vehicle back to stock that you have done, you get your license back.
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

there is this,
    http://www.tweecer.com/
    it appears limited to certain model years.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by limited cv8r View Post
    The hardware for sniper is pretty good, as you said, the software is clunky? Compared to SCT 's single vehicle box's, snipers interface box can hold up to six tunes, but they can be for six different vehicles, also if you flash a vehicle back to stock that you have done, you get your license back.
    Yes, sniper's hardware is nice, but the Ford software just isn't there yet. In a few years, it may be a different story. Unfortunatly, SCT really is the only serious game in town. Maybe I'll buy it some day, but their Advantage III sucks... You only get 100 burns to the chip burner, then you have to ask them for more. You must provide logs from your flashes, and then they'll decide if they'll give you another 100. The hardware (Microtuner, XCal, XCal2, XCal3, etc) can only change vehicles a few times (one at a time). And you can only do two installs (different computers or re-install; you know windows), then they make you buy another copy. Oh well.
    Last edited by Cougar281; January 1st, 2009 at 06:05 AM.

Sounds like the kind of abuse Computer users (or, rather, all people using any digital media) seem to have to get used to nowadays ... wonder how long until people finally see that they're being abused and stop buying products from companies that treat them like that ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

I ordered a tune from Jesse at Wait4Me performance. He answered a lot of complicated questions relating to 96-97 Mustang GT computers and sent me an SCT module to get a car running.

Customer reported back that the vehicle shifts all 4 gears now instead of only having 1st gear, and the car runs normal, instead of rich as hell like it did before.

The SCT is expensive, but it works. Surely the Ford tuning is years behind the GM stuff, but people do still play with it.

My swap was a 96 GT 2 Valve motor into an old Mercury hotrod.

Major issue we had was disabling the security for 96. SCT took care of it in one shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast