Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GEN IV swap AFM is not enabled

Yes, I'm a senior member
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Here is the guy I was thinking of:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7939

Next step for me is to construct a CAN sniffer. Then maybe I can find an EBCM on ebay, install, sniff relevant message exchange, and then sell the EBCM on ebay again. It's going to be a while before I have time for this.

Alternatively, if the EFILive folks can find out if there are calibration parameters that enable/disable each step of the AFM readiness check, that would save us a LOT of trouble...
    1995 GMC Yukon 4WD 4DR
    5.3 "LMG" engine: E85 with AFM
    6L80e 6 speed automatic transmission

Yep that's me.

My ECM is an E40 from an 06 Envoy 5.3. The brake booster sensor is wired right into the E40 directly so I had no problem. No EBCM at all.

I certainly can't help much with E38 stuff as I'm still learning my 08 Silverado.

I'm all for someone designing an interface module to do lots of swap stuff. Alt. light, oil light, cruise.

Swapping in new stuff willl be darn near impossible in the near future unless we have somthing for this.

Good luck, John Turning low 12s @25-26 mpg with 4L60 Still burning lots of rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by PSWired View Post
    Alternatively, if the EFILive folks can find out if there are calibration parameters that enable/disable each step of the AFM readiness check, that would save us a LOT of trouble...
    Ok, will put that on the to do list, generally that stuff is 'reasonably' simple as it's just a matter if tracing over all the "if this and that" type scenario's in the code.
    It's funny how times change, when we first released E38, all people wanted to do was switch off the AFM function!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

See there ya go Ross to the rescue!
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red A4 GTO
    2009 3LZ Z06
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Premium
    2013 XTS Platinum

What's the old saying? don't count your chickens until the eggs are hatched
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    What's the old saying? don't count your chickens until the eggs are hatched
    And here I am trying to help the hard way I figured they already asked you! LOL Shows what I know!
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red A4 GTO
    2009 3LZ Z06
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Premium
    2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    VEGASROBBI you were absolutely right!!! I re-enabled COT and my AFM is working now!!!

Now that is weird!

A bit of a look at this, AFM can be disabled by many things. Based on that it is pretty much a given that the base file you are tuning comes from a factory optioned AFM vehicle. There is going to be many underlying options / parameters that will need to be met.
    But, as best as I can figure the major checks are -

Crank Sensor DTC must not exist.
    Crank / Cam correlation DTC must not exist.
    Intake (or exhaust) position sensor DTC must not exist.
    Oil Temp must be within a specified range.
    Oil Pressure must be within a specified range.
    RPM must be within a specified range.
    Engine Run Time must be over a specified value.
    Engine not in limp home mode.
    Engine not cold.

If you try to move the cam in the scan tool DVT control panel and it errors, the error code might give some insight as to why it won't allow it.

Cheers,
    Ross

Default Hi Ross

it seems we've got some help from the pro's in our AFM corner.

Yes, the times are changing and fuel economy is playing a big part. As I live in Germany and our fuel is a lot more expensive than elsewhere.. every trick too sqeeze a few more miles out of a gallon is very welcome.

In the moment with short distance driving ( easy going.. about 14mls trips) I get about 19l/100km with my 2007 5.3 LMG and 4L60E in my 1997 2dr 4wd Tahoe which is real bad ( These are the DIC numbers, I didn't calculate myself..). My old 5,7 Vortec was better in this matter.. so I think there is room for improvement.

I read some notes that there are software upgrades for the E38 from Chevy concerning the DIC fuel accuracy, E85 calculations and such. How can I get my hands on those with no Chevy dealer in my area? ( OS of my E38 is:12605898 OS of my T42: 24235341). Next is my T42 calibration is from a 2wd. So 4Lo is not possible in the moment. Has anybody a suitable 4wd calibration for my T42?

Another headache are some warning lights in the '07 cluster I use. I get the brake, antilock, security and a few more lit up all the time. Is there a way to disable them? The only thing I see is to open up the cluster and remove them the hard way.

And Ross, seems you forgot that lovely brake booster pressure sensor in your AFM list... this one seems to be the hardest one and hopefully the last one for us which inhibits the V4 mode

Harald
    If nobody has done it before, somebody has to do it....

1997 Tahoe 2dr 4WD
    2002 Alfa Romeo Sportswagon 2.0 JTD
    1982 Deutz Intrac 2004A
    2003 friesian Horse " Henry"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast