Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
Hi guys,
I had EFILive TuneTool and ScanTool working under Linux some time back. I used Wine to both install the application and run the tools. As has been mentioned, the USB drivers will not work under Linux, because the USB architecture is handled differently under Linux. There is no way that a Windows emulator can pick up and use the Windows USB drivers and make them work. Instead, the options are to rewrite the USB drivers so they work under Linux, or there are some commercial applications that dynamically port some USB drivers to work under Linux.

The best option of course is to get the drivers rewritten for Linux, and we'd be pretty happy. Rewriting The whole of EFILive for Linux would make us ecstatic... but I can't see that happening any time soon. Actually, I can't see the USB drivers happening either given the workloads we are hearing about. If we were to get V2 BBL support for reading and writing tunes though, it would be a great work around. Edit in Linux and transfer the tune to the V2 for flashing.

Simon
Yeah , did not realize that the USB would be the show stopper here .
I did plug the V2 in a USB port and of course the emulated EFILive did not see the V2 .
I will do "dmesg" and see what it shows , maybe with vendor and product ID you can "modprobe" the device to get it to work , don't know will try and see .
Last time I did a "dmesg" probe I think the V2 came up as a standard scanner device , maybe someone can figure it out .