Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LBZ Full flash update error...

Default LBZ Full flash update error...

Alright, since I noticed GMPX just posted info on LBZ/LMM full flashing!!!! I just thought I would update the software and give er a shot.

Updated my V7.5 software fine, then tried my 8.1...couple things...

Everything went fine with V7.5 update so I went to do 8.1 like it said. When I go to update it, a screen pulls up saying...1st picture

Then I open up EFI Tune tool and get this error...the second one

What you think guys/gals?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	4375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	4376  
    Last edited by 06Dmaxpwr; December 14th, 2008 at 03:27 PM.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you get it figured out!
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

Ah, sorry, my fault, I forgot to send Paul the missing file Z88.ext to include in this release, we'll get that sorted ASAP.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 06Dmaxpwr View Post
    so I went to do 8.1 like it said. When I go to update it, a screen pulls up saying...1st picture
    When the updates are being applied the original install must be 100% intact. If any of the original installation files have been renamed, modified or deleted, then you may see that message.

Try Downloading the full/base V8.1.2 version (build 42) from the web site and install that, then do the "check for updates" again to bring it up to build 44.

Once the update has completed successfully you should have a new firmware file here:
    C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\FSProgV2_06_06.efw

You should upgrade your FlashScan V2 (if you have one) using that latest firmware file with EFILive Explorer.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by DmaxHawk View Post
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you get it figured out!
    Thanks man! Looks like they got it though, very quicly too!

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ah, sorry, my fault, I forgot to send Paul the missing file Z88.ext to include in this release, we'll get that sorted ASAP.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Awesome, thank you, Ross!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    When the updates are being applied the original install must be 100% intact. If any of the original installation files have been renamed, modified or deleted, then you may see that message.

Try Downloading the full/base V8.1.2 version (build 42) from the web site and install that, then do the "check for updates" again to bring it up to build 44.

Once the update has completed successfully you should have a new firmware file here:
    C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\FSProgV2_06_06.efw

You should upgrade your FlashScan V2 (if you have one) using that latest firmware file with EFILive Explorer.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, I meant to say I was running V8.1.2 (I was just typing in a hurry ) Anyways, I have the latest firmware and build so should I just uninstall the v8 and then reinstall 42 and update? I figured that reinstalling it might do the trick

Thanks for the VERY Quick response guys, this truly is good customer support!

Dont mean to be a PITA but...

Tried doing updates today and it went through fine. Opened up tune tool and now I get the same message that I got from the v8 update but now on completion of updating v7.5.

Thanks,

Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	4380  

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 06Dmaxpwr View Post
    Dont mean to be a PITA but...

Tried doing updates today and it went through fine. Opened up tune tool and now I get the same message that I got from the v8 update but now on completion of updating v7.5.

Thanks,

Andy

That message is being displayed by Vista's UAC (User account control), not by EFILive or by the QSetup installation program. It appears that Vista will display that message when it "thinks" the software installation did not complete successfully.

Information about what criteria Vista's UAC uses to determine if the software was installed correctly, is hard to find. What I think may be happening is that because on a couple of these updates, I did not increase the version number of one or more executable files, that Vista thinks that they were not updated during the install.

We have UAC turned off here at EFILive and so we would never see that message. We need to test installations with the UAC turned on in future so that we can warn customers (ahead of time) that the message may appear.

The best option is to select the "This programmed installed correctly" option and run the software and make sure the new features are available.

In this specific case, make sure the following versions are installed:
    EFILive_Tune.exe V7.5.5 (Build 77) (via Help->About)
    EFILive_Scan.exe V7.5.5 (Build 77) (via Help->About)
    EFILive_Explorer V8.1.2 (Build 44) (via the [About] button on the [Firmware] tab page).

For more information do a Google search for "this program might not have installed correctly" (include the quotes).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Alright Paul, everything checks out ok
    Thank you very much for explaining that!

Andy S.

The funny thing is, I turned off the UAC in Vista because it is annoying, now, every time I boot I get a message to say the UAC is off!! Didn't achieve much really

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The funny thing is, I turned off the UAC in Vista because it is annoying, now, every time I boot I get a message to say the UAC is off!! Didn't achieve much really

Cheers,
    Ross

I disabled all the "Security Alerts"... UAC was the first thing I killed in Vista.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast