Thread: B4521 Max STIT adjustments?

Lifetime Member

Default B4521 Max STIT adjustments?

Do any of you adjust this table. I bumped mine up to .70 and it seemed to help the clutch in hunting thing. I just increased it again to 1.00. Do any of you adjust this table. Also, what exactly does it do? The explination is pretty weak in efi live. I tried to do some reading on it and I am thinking I am going the wrong way with the adjustment.
    02 Z06, 573/530rw N/A 416, 10.21@136.12.

If you have done the RAFIG process there will be little need for big STIT corrections as when its dialled in correctly as a base, correction isn't needed much at all. Although in saying that I generally run 2.0g/sec in B4521 for the sake of it as when doing the RAFIG process I only ever want to have to do one pass on a clients car as you don't have the time to do cold starts all the time. Having a wide range in this table helps that sort of but so does the LTIT too.

Lifetime Member

The RAFIG process doesn't work on my car for some reason. I have talked to other Z06 owners that say the same thing. I got it to work on a GTO I was tuning. I tried using the same pids and graph on mine and it tells me the pids are invalid. I tried using the table provided in EFI Live and that doesn't work. If you have a Pid list and a table that will work on a Vette I would love to see it. I am guessing at Desired Air Flow right now. I am just giving it enough to where it doesn't die. From what you said the STIT make adjustments to your Desired Air Flow table. That makes sense. But I don't think that is going to help my idle hunting when I push in the clutch. All the other parts of the idle are great when the car is at a stand still.
    02 Z06, 573/530rw N/A 416, 10.21@136.12.

You would be surprised on how much influence desired air has on the whole of idle tuning. Its basically the back bone of it and there is no point working on other areas without desired dialled in. I don't have the pleasure of being able to work on Vettes or ZO6's as I live in Aus. But I'm sure a US member could chime in and help you out with the RAFIG process. I'm sure its achievable as we all use the same controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
    The RAFIG process doesn't work on my car for some reason. I have talked to other Z06 owners that say the same thing. I got it to work on a GTO I was tuning. I tried using the same pids and graph on mine and it tells me the pids are invalid. I tried using the table provided in EFI Live and that doesn't work. If you have a Pid list and a table that will work on a Vette I would love to see it. I am guessing at Desired Air Flow right now. I am just giving it enough to where it doesn't die. From what you said the STIT make adjustments to your Desired Air Flow table. That makes sense. But I don't think that is going to help my idle hunting when I push in the clutch. All the other parts of the idle are great when the car is at a stand still.
    BUMP same issue here cant do the RAFIG process