Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error trying to read an LBZ (12632640)

Exclamation Error trying to read an LBZ (12632640)

Hi. Getting an error on a read.

Cannot merge calibrations with CPU system file: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\Z8B.ext

Calibration info:
    VIN 1GCJK33D66F231098
    Serial 86J604806730
    Hardware N/A
    Operating System 12632483
    Calibration 12606127
    BCC YNAY
    Operating System 12632483
    Engine Operation 12632640
    Engine Diagnostics 12632654
    Engine 12632720
    Fuel System 12632666
    System 12632677
    Speedometer 12632700
    Last edited by jpgmtech; December 17th, 2008 at 12:45 PM.

Hi There,

We just got word of this new OS yesterday, we've already mapped it out and added support for it.
    I'll post the files up so for others that might run in to the same problem before the next update.

You must be running v7.5.5 build 77 or later (as it looks like you are).
    Download and extract the zip below somewhere on your PC then copy the files to the locations shown below -

12632483.calz in to -
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35

Z8B.ext and gm_enhanced.prn in to -
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Many many thanks!

It helps that I can tell my customer "Yes I can do this!!!"

Joel P.

Exclamation

Well, been running this update for a while now. I've programmed a couple of LBZ's since and they will go through the reflash process with EFILive successfully but not start. DTC set in the ECM is P0602 Control Module Not Programmed. If I use GM's SPS equipment to update the ECM to the newest OS then I can successfully read and reflash with EFILive.

You mean you are trying to update the ECM from 'x' OS to the newest with EFILive first and it fails?
    That in itself is not really a good idea because these trucks almost have calibrations tailored for them depending on options etc. What works in one truck might / won't work in another, even if they are stock tunes.
    When updating OS's for Duramax's you are better off using SPS for that very reason, the on-line database GM use builds the correct stock tune based on the exact vehicle build.
    Also, I think everyone is now, but make sure you were using build 77 of the software to create any full reflash files for the LBZ/LMM.

For us, the idea behind the full flashing was not to replace SPS, but to be able to offer a way for us to allow users to update the ECM with modified OS's that we develop.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I just re-read my prior post, made in a hurry. Sorry... it's not that clear. I was performing a conventional read/write, no OS updating, just as I tune normally.

EFILive indicates a successful program on the write, but the truck will not start and the ECM sets the code mentioned previously. The first time it happened I retried, with the same result. Then to get the customer vehicle going, I reflashed with GM SPS and it ran. I then experimented doing a read/write again with EFILive, and it was successful. Of course, GM's SPS reflashes with the newest OS so EFILive was reading a completely new OS on the last try.

I have since tried a conventional read/write on 2 other LBZ's with precisely the same result.

I have all the *.tun files on my laptop, I can send if you wish.

Only solution I have found is to reflash the latest OS in with GM's SPS and then re-read with EFILive. EFILive will reflash with the latest OS properly. Of course if do not have access to GM's equipment this can be quite debilitating... I would appreciate a response to this as well as I am not always tuning near the dealership!

Nick, Paul released an update last night.
    Can you please check for updates now, install them and try again, not sure it will fix the problem but some changes were made to the full flashing part of the software.

Oh, just re-read your post, a cal flash only!
    What happens at this point?, can you reflash the ECM again or are you now locked out?

I am not locked out. I can still reflash... OS - 12606128

Correct, .cal flash only. I haven't tried to do a full flash ever on this truck.

I'm on build 76 with your updates previously posted in this thread.

Nick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast