Thread: Bootloader error and no calibration!

Default Bootloader error and no calibration!

I was loading a buddies truck with a tune. EFI Live erased ECM and then it stopped! Now the truck is sitting in the drive. I need help on this one. Any ideas of how to fix this, I have my tow truck hooked for ample power and the radio fuse is pulled.
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    Dyno'd Danville Performance
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

Just a note, I just got this unit back from Ira. This is the first time I have used it since the upgrade from V1 to V2.
    Mine2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, D/A. 4in MBRP exhaust, AFE Stage II w/Amsoil Ea air filter, ISSPRO boost/Pyro guages, PPE Boost Valve, EFI Live V2, Maximum OD Stage 2 Trans, Amsoil throughout, AirDog150, modded intake horn.

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

Hers: 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali, Flowmaster 40 with a bullet style resonator in the back, EFI Live with the help of JoeCar and other great members here.

After two and half or more hours it finally took a flash and is back driving down the road. Problem solved.

Side note - If you have a LLY and load a tune, be sure to take the radio fuse out no matter what!

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

Quote Originally Posted by horsehaulin View Post
    After two and half or more hours it finally took a flash and is back driving down the road. Problem solved.

Side note - If you have a LLY and load a tune, be sure to take the radio fuse out no matter what!
    If the truck is running(drive it around a little bit), than stop turn everything off, shut truck off than flash... I dont have to unplug anything anymore...
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

Well after a few hours, I got a tune to take and now the beast is up and running again. I will for sure remove the radio fuse in the future. Last time I tuned the truck for him it had a stock radio, two months later and I was unaware that he had installed a differant one until the truck would not take a tune. If you guys dont pul the fuse you could end up like me, wondering if you need a new ECM. Luckily the truck is back up and running and I dont have to worry about loaning him my truck.

540HP/1056TQ
    April 5th 2011

LLY's should always be recoverable (even on a failed full flash).
    These aftermarket devices are very bad, they cause a lot of problems because they don't follow the correct guide lines on J1850 communications.
    If ever you come across a truck that won't read or program reach for the radio fuse, you never know what somebody might have fitted.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I have to do this on the P10 PCMs too, I have a few guys that simply will not flash unless I pull the radio fuse and follow some crazy door opening/key procedure. It works in the end, but geez its annoying.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.