Thread: M6 shifter measurements?

Default M6 shifter measurements?

Hey all, I know there are some M6 folks out there. I'm doing some modifications to a LT1 T56 but need some measurements from NON- Fbody 6 speed shifters out there. especially the C5/C6 Corvettes, Ford T56, and viper T56.

basically I need measurements of the shifter setup, attached are some pics of the measurements I need, but basically looking for the bolt hole center to bolt hole center measurements, the shifter "ball" (I guess that is what it could be called, the part that extrudes from the bottom of the shifter and meets with the shifter cup setup on the shift rail) to each outside edge of the shifter baseplate, and also the depth that the shifter ball extends from the bottom of the shifter plate when at a 90* angle to it.

attached are some general pics of the measurements I'm looking for but on the side view pic, I need the measurement of the shift "ball" when its straight down.

hope that all makes sense. if anyone has a stock (or aftermarket) shifter for a C5/C6 vette, Ford T56, or viper T56 that can check it out, it would be much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bottomveiw.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	4412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sideveiw.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	4413  
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos