Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie, 2000 to 2002 os,twin turbo,3 bar,low imp,I am lost!!

Lifetime Member

Default Newbie, 2000 to 2002 os,twin turbo,3 bar,low imp,I am lost!!

I have version 7.2 Flashscan.

I have a 2000 347" ls1 with:
    -Twin turbos
    -96 lb/hr low imp injectors & driver
    -45 psi fuel pressure.
    -3 bar map.
    -Mafless
    -lc1 wide band.
    -No VTD.

Unfortunatly I never had an ls1 before so I wasn't able to learn with a stock motor, I am now stuck with 0 knowledge and a crazy turbo setup.

I have no clue what I am doing. I can't start the car because I cannot figure out what to do! PLEASE HELP ME!

I want the latest software for better 3 bar and turbo tuneability, and I think I should flash my pcm from a 2000 to a 2002??? Custom #3 O.S.????

Can anybody somehow help me get up and running. I mostly need help with getting the pcm and software all updated. What should I do?

I COULD EVEN PAY SOMEONE IF THEY CAN SOMEHOW SET ME UP WITH WHAT I NEED TO GET UP AND RUNNING CORRECTLY. I CAN FINISH THE TUNE.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

What size cam? how much boost. I will post a couple shortly, Remember, these will just be a starter for the combos, the fuel must be checked.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

I will run about 15-20 psi of boost. Depends on how the car acts.
    The cam is a single pattern hydraulic .581 lift and 224 duration with a 114 lobe sep. Its on the mild side I would say.

Do I have to download version 7.3? do I have to download a 2002 o.s.? Do I have to download version 3 Custom o.s.? What do I need and what don't I. :(
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

I'm afraid I cant offer alot of information to help you out.. But I am curious how you are managing to run 96# low impy injects on the stock PCM ?

I wasnt able to find a conversion for them without installing an additional conversion box and I am limited to 60# mototronics (sp ?) injectors.. Please share your secret !! :wink:

Todd

1993 BMW 325is <- For Sale
    2003 Silverado LS 4x4 <--- you want to autocross what?
    2005 Avalanche 5.3L LS(EFI Live tuned) <-- my gas hog running on e85 3+ years now
    2012 Subaru Outback (wife's daily)

Lifetime Member

I am running a driver, I listed that with the injectors. It is made by Acceleronics.

ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO FOR ME?? I GUESS I WILL JUST START HACKING AWAY!
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Nitrorocket, what a combo to test the LS1 tuning waters with!!.

O.K, sounds like Jesse is kindly on the case, but here's some suggestions from me.

You could run any of the V3 O.S's, I would go maybe for 02030003, that will give you a good range of base factory tunes to start on based on the common 2002 GM program, use a Camaro tune as a suggestion.
    There is a few Injector calculators out on the internet, John Skibia on this forum has a very good one for Excel (costs a few bucks).
    Of course you will need to go through the custom O.S pdf file a few times to get your head around what needs to be done to setup for 3 bar.
    Also, at first run no more than say 12 - 15deg of timing under power until you get the fueling right.

Good luck, and as always throw plenty of questions, someone will usually know the answer. However, you must keep in mind, you are the one tuning the car, what people offer as free advice is just that.
    It's going to be a tough combo when done, what are you hoping for?, maybe 600Hp+ at the wheels?.
    The other option which you did suggest is pay someone to tune the WOT stuff for you so you know the car will be safe and then you can sort out the drivability issues (which is what takes time anyway). A good tuner would probably have that combo tuned at WOT in a few hours. It might be money well spent if you are not 100% confident you can do it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

With that "02030003" do I need anything else? Do I need version 7.3, do I need the '02 reflash? I have the Commercial program.

I cannot afford a tune, but have enough to pay someone who know, some cash to send me a ready to run turbo setup that I can tweek to get perfect. Like with timing tables preadjusted, 3 bar tables setup, injector tables adjusted, latest upgrades, ETC.

Jesse got me all excited at about 2a.m. and then I havent heard from him. :cry: He is who I bought the Flashscan through. He is a good guy! :wink:
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorocket
    With that "02030003" do I need anything else? Do I need version 7.3, do I need the '02 reflash? I have the Commercial program.

I cannot afford a tune, but have enough to pay someone who know, some cash to send me a ready to run turbo setup that I can tweek to get perfect. Like with timing tables preadjusted, 3 bar tables setup, injector tables adjusted, latest upgrades, ETC.

Jesse got me all excited at about 2a.m. and then I havent heard from him. :cry: He is who I bought the Flashscan through. He is a good guy! :wink:
    Jesse is a good guy who works 25hrs a day, I'd rather not get a starter tune from someone at 2am :wink:

V7.3 is your best bet, plus you get the latest .cal files with more tables!!.
    See how you go with Jesse, if nothing comes of it (like I said, he works 25hrs a day) as a once off I might try to come up with something for you that can then be shared on the forum.
    Did I read somewhere the car is already tuned?.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

My motor had an N/A tune. It really does'nt matter if I just overwrite it. It does me no good with my turbos.

All I am waithing on to start the car is a balpark setup tune. I can't wait any longer, I can't take the waiting!! :cry:

right now, I am going to download version 7.3
    -Then download the 2002 # 3 custom O.S.
    -Then download the 2002 base tune file?(Do I need this?)
    -Change some things like rear o2's and such
    -Fire it up???

I have heard absolutly nothing from Jesse? I think he got tired and forgot.
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    96 lb injectors

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitrorocket
    My motor had an N/A tune. It really does'nt matter if I just overwrite it. It does me no good with my turbos.

All I am waithing on to start the car is a balpark setup tune. I can't wait any longer, I can't take the waiting!! :cry:

right now, I am going to download version 7.3
    -Then download the 2002 # 3 custom O.S.
    -Then download the 2002 base tune file?(Do I need this?)
    -Change some things like rear o2's and such
    -Fire it up???

I have heard absolutly nothing from Jesse? I think he got tired and forgot.
    Any news on this twin turbo missile??

Cheers,
    joel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast