Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live tuning for RFI-Live??

Default Live tuning for RFI-Live??

Will there be future enhancements to EFI Live that will allow realtime dyno tuning cell by cell while running on the dyno?

Something similar to Autotronics?

Thanks

Bob

Lifetime Member

That would be amazing. My Accel Gen 7 had that and it made tuning so easy. You just clicked on a cel or range of cells, and hit the up or down arros to adjust them by a pre-determined amount. Then hit enter and within about 2 seconds, it was applied! You could instantly see what raising or lowering the VE would do to idle or WOT. You'd have my vote for that feature!!!!
    '71 chevelle
    Twin turbo ls1
    1000 HP 93 octane street car!
    96 lb injectors

No, but one (maybe more) already exists, though you are looking at about $20K+, it's also an Ausralian product and I am not sure they have support for all US vehicles yet.
    The feedback we get from some tuners (who tune both LS1's and Motecs tec) is that yes it would be nice, but with the software so powerful it's not really necessary once you have your head on top of tuning LS1's.
    It's not so much a 'feature' to add in, we already have some overide functions for fuel and spark that allow you to test out changes on the fly, to tune realtime involves some pretty complex hardware modifications to the PCM.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I just saw a unit this weekend that taps into the stock wiring harness and allows for real time timing and fuel adjustments for the LS1. It was made by a company called Tuning Solutions. I read the manual it came with and it looks pretty cool. I also have more experience in the FAST/GEN7 style software then the GM and know the value of tuning in real time. Especially with our Dyno Dynamics dyno with load control.

I am also realizing that NOTHING beats the GM PCM for overall control, despites in learning curve.

This piggy back unit is the size of a large cigarette pack and has very few wires to hook up. It appeared as if doesn't change the data in the PCM but it adds values to the base programming. I have two coming for experimental purposes.

Anyone else know about this system?

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

I've not heard of it Howard, but as soon as you said it wires into the harness you lost my interest :(
    By now you know how smart and complex the LS1 PCM is, fooling it with altered values from sensors is not the way to go........but I'll let you decide that.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    I just saw a unit this weekend that taps into the stock wiring harness and allows for real time timing and fuel adjustments for the LS1. It was made by a company called Tuning Solutions. I read the manual it came with and it looks pretty cool. I also have more experience in the FAST/GEN7 style software then the GM and know the value of tuning in real time. Especially with our Dyno Dynamics dyno with load control.

I am also realizing that NOTHING beats the GM PCM for overall control, despites in learning curve.

This piggy back unit is the size of a large cigarette pack and has very few wires to hook up. It appeared as if doesn't change the data in the PCM but it adds values to the base programming. I have two coming for experimental purposes.

Howard
    I've have been running this unit on my blown LS1 for over 2 years now.
    It allows as you say tuning on the fly.I recently upgraded from their 22 psi inbuilt map tables and transferred their Map vs Rpm tables to EFILives custom operating system.
    They have some really nice features as well as an injecter driver for low impedence injectors and its a full sequential unit where as some other driver are batch fire.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports

Howard
    Sounds a lot like the TSI we used to use on the BA fords , was a horrible thing , inconsistant but I suppose it was at least miles ahead of the uni-chip.

Piggybacks are a horrible tuning solution.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    I've not heard of it Howard, but as soon as you said it wires into the harness you lost my interest :(
    By now you know how smart and complex the LS1 PCM is, fooling it with altered values from sensors is not the way to go........but I'll let you decide that.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I understand what your saying and agree about the GM Pcm.
    But you have no choice if you want to run big injectors.
    As in my previous post I have the best of both worlds ,able to tune on the fly and convert the figuires over to your brillant COS.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by VT LS1 NZ

Cheers,
    Ross
    I understand what your saying and agree about the GM Pcm.
    But you have no choice if you want to run big injectors.
    As in my previous post I have the best of both worlds ,able to tune on the fly and convert the figuires over to your brillant COS.
    How big a injector do you want to run , we have been using 120lb low impedance with driver boxes with no issues on LS1's

No, but one (maybe more) already exists, though you are looking at about $20K+, it's also an Ausralian product and I am not sure they have support for all US vehicles yet.
    The feedback we get from some tuners (who tune both LS1's and Motecs tec) is that yes it would be nice, but with the software so powerful it's not really necessary once you have your head on top of tuning LS1's.
    It's not so much a 'feature' to add in, we already have some overide functions for fuel and spark that allow you to test out changes on the fly, to tune realtime involves some pretty complex hardware modifications to the PCM.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I remember seeing a pic on another forum with an extra connector on the pcm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast