Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
Anyone got a good trick to get the car to be smooth from park to drive? This 2011 (never happened to me before) wants to die when I put it into park and reverse.
I have had this issue with t/m pulling airflow on shift, is it setup by throttle or timing and fuel in the A6????. I just improvised with it, I raised min timing at idle.. and played with some corrections. If I turned off t/m it fixed it right away but this car needed torque management. Also I reduced B1650 something to keep in mind and as the idle percentages were so high when it would go into the high timing table! then drop back to the idle timing tables and begin corrections again. This is something I found you have to watch for. Luis Sola told me about this some days before. I actually did not drill a hole in the TB in this car to begin with. But with this issue I drilled a 4 mm hole and reset up the airflow tables to suit(created a buffer).. then put B1650 back to stock. Car idled very nice and stable this also fixed the drop from drive then into reverse. There is no right or wrong way to do these but u have to do the basics first then improvise they are all different, and need to be assessed. Basically see what they respond too. B1652 was set around 0.5 above what it wanted at hot idle and B1651 set 0.15 below. I also raise min idle air below target idle speed then raise up slightly after. I adjust up and down at 1400-1800 rpm to get best throttle feel and smooth transition. Use the main tables to get it all squared away. If you dont want to drill holes. watch for the timing issue. I just keep doing what works for me and never lets me down. The combinations I build now run 260s plus duration and it does get harder here but I use the same principles. Some o/s react different to others .