Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 427 L92 a4 GTO issue

Well, the ordeal seems to over for now. Car fired and ran, went for a ride for a few blocks. It needs a bit of idle tweaking, but all in all good. Of course I picked the hottest weekend of the year to stab the motor. LOL.
    1999 C5 439 LS7 M6
    2008 GCSRT8
    2007 TBSS
    2005 GTO 427 L92 A4

Default Outlaw Jossie Wales said to endeavor to perceiver!!

Hey 10secvette,
    Congrats, I hope you like your L92 427 as much as I do mine. I am the baddest nat asp vette in town (We only have 950 people). But I think you will dominate the 11.5 sec class at your track as I have not lost once, even with the bad vacuum leak and all the problems. It is not easy staying above 11.50, as the diff between 11.50 and 11.55 is less than a blink of an eye. Very happy for you. By the way, did anyone find out if the welds on the reluctor have an effect on the crank assembly balance?
    98tigershark

Quote Originally Posted by 10secvette View Post
    Well, the ordeal seems to over for now. Car fired and ran, went for a ride for a few blocks. It needs a bit of idle tweaking, but all in all good. Of course I picked the hottest weekend of the year to stab the motor. LOL.
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by 98 tigershark View Post
    Hey 10secvette,
    Congrats, I hope you like your L92 427 as much as I do mine. I am the baddest nat asp vette in town (We only have 950 people). But I think you will dominate the 11.5 sec class at your track as I have not lost once, even with the bad vacuum leak and all the problems. It is not easy staying above 11.50, as the diff between 11.50 and 11.55 is less than a blink of an eye. Very happy for you. By the way, did anyone find out if the welds on the reluctor have an effect on the crank assembly balance?
    98tigershark

THanks. No, I had them do 3 small tacks, it's so close to the center of the crank it's not going to affect the balance.
    1999 C5 439 LS7 M6
    2008 GCSRT8
    2007 TBSS
    2005 GTO 427 L92 A4

Just found this thread again, glad you found the problem, guess you owe me a beer(or a ride).
    The best thing about these forums is theres always some poor bastard whose been there before you and if your lucky someone will share their info.
    Im the first to admit i know enough to get me into trouble and occasionally enough to get me out.
    If everyone shares then we can all benefit (or so the theory goes anyway, shame the hptuners forum doesnt work the same, everyones an expert there and not anywhere near as helpful(FORD TUNING ONLY FOR ME ON THERE HONEST).
    Welding reluctors should me mandatory on anything that makes good power,
    as you now know
    Cheers Shane

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Just found this thread again, glad you found the problem, guess you owe me a beer(or a ride).
    The best thing about these forums is theres always some poor bastard whose been there before you and if your lucky someone will share their info.
    Im the first to admit i know enough to get me into trouble and occasionally enough to get me out.
    If everyone shares then we can all benefit (or so the theory goes anyway, shame the hptuners forum doesnt work the same, everyones an expert there and not anywhere near as helpful(FORD TUNING ONLY FOR ME ON THERE HONEST).
    Welding reluctors should me mandatory on anything that makes good power,
    as you now know
    Cheers Shane
    Next time I'm down under the beer is on me!!!
    1999 C5 439 LS7 M6
    2008 GCSRT8
    2007 TBSS
    2005 GTO 427 L92 A4

Default Hey 10secvette,

I was looking at your collection of larger LS high hp transplants. Impressive!
    Out of curiosity,
    what are you doing for a fuel pump setup like on the 1999 C5 with the LS7?
    I have to upgrade my system this winter. Is there a less expensive way to go about this than the dual in tank setup or out of tank pumps. Or just a system that has worked well for you. I am tired of having to short shift in order to not damage my motor. Thankfully these motors are trq monsters.
    You can PM me if you like as that is not the IMO for this thread. I am looking for input for what works well.
    Any input would be appreciated. I have a 98 C5 w/ the L92 427 very built.
    Thanking you in advance,
    98 tigershark
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

When you reflash the PCM and it is almost finished, look at the readout at the bottom of the speedo.
    See when the tun is done loading if the read out says reduced power mode. If so, you have to re flash the tun until it is gone.
    Really? My truck has done this several times before, I assumed it was normal. When it does this I have to reflash the PCM until it doesn't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by 98 tigershark View Post
    I was looking at your collection of larger LS high hp transplants. Impressive!
    Out of curiosity,
    what are you doing for a fuel pump setup like on the 1999 C5 with the LS7?
    I have to upgrade my system this winter. Is there a less expensive way to go about this than the dual in tank setup or out of tank pumps. Or just a system that has worked well for you. I am tired of having to short shift in order to not damage my motor. Thankfully these motors are trq monsters.
    You can PM me if you like as that is not the IMO for this thread. I am looking for input for what works well.
    Any input would be appreciated. I have a 98 C5 w/ the L92 427 very built.
    Thanking you in advance,
    98 tigershark
    I'm still on the factory fuel system.
    1999 C5 439 LS7 M6
    2008 GCSRT8
    2007 TBSS
    2005 GTO 427 L92 A4

I'm havering the same probs with a vx commodore and done every thing and bout to rip the crank out and swap reluctor wheels as I know it was changed on the crank before I brought the stroker kit but reading 98 tiger sharks vaccum leak prob did it shown up crazy map sensor readings it has a fast 102 manifold and big 250degree cam so has high map readings etc now I have tuned in tps ve the timing is all over the place no matter what I do can't hear any vaccum leaks have already pulled manifold and pulled a part and resealed etc problem has been getting worse and worse with time engine will cruise perfect tho

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789