Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help finding a laptop!

Bruce, you do gave a very good point... and eyesight isn't getting better with age.

you can always change your dash boards.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

You must use Windows to operate EFI Live. I am not sure if the MAC Windows will run EFI Live. I've only used PC's with Intel processors. One with an AMD would work too.

If the PC does not have Windows (Some come loaded with Linux for their operating system), you can still run EFI Live, but it is very tricky and very computer intensive for a non computer literate person.

My computer is an hp dv5 intel processor windows vista. I have no problems with Windows Vista and EFI Live. I got this Laptop for $600.

My old stolen laptop was a Dell Inspiron 6000 with Windows XP.

Stealth

Those little netbooks are pretty enticing ... sure they have their limits in several areas, screen resolution being one of them, among with stuff processor performance, storage (on "older" devices) ... but for portability, and run-time, they sure beat most "modern" Notebooks, hands down.

Being in the ISP business, and often require to run around with my Notebook (still decently portable), I've been thinking about getting one of those things for a while now ... some mobile phone carriers have specials where they include a 3G stick with a pretty decent mobile flat rate with the netbook ... if / when(?) I pick one up, being able to run EFILive on it will be one of the requirements ... not necessarily to do live logging (V2 is doing that nicely in Blackbox mode), but to do changes and check the logs ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Those little netbooks are pretty enticing ... sure they have their limits in several areas, screen resolution being one of them, among with stuff processor performance, storage (on "older" devices) ... but for portability, and run-time, they sure beat most "modern" Notebooks, hands down.

Being in the ISP business, and often require to run around with my Notebook (still decently portable), I've been thinking about getting one of those things for a while now ... some mobile phone carriers have specials where they include a 3G stick with a pretty decent mobile flat rate with the netbook ... if / when(?) I pick one up, being able to run EFILive on it will be one of the requirements ... not necessarily to do live logging (V2 is doing that nicely in Blackbox mode), but to do changes and check the logs ...
    They now come alternately with a 120/160GB 2.5" HD. The 3 cell bat lasts ~2.5 hours and the larger more bulky 6 cell gives me >5 hours. I can USB tether to my BBerry and get a 115k connection for no additional charge which is handy, if not super fast. Bluetooth USB ad would allow that wirelessly, if I get to that.
    Once the cost of S-S HDs gets low enough to have a 60g, I will likely convert it.
    Last edited by Bruce Melton; January 4th, 2009 at 08:08 AM.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton View Post
    They now come alternately with a 120/160GB 2.5" HD. The 3 cell bat lasts ~2.5 hours and the larger more bulky 6 cell gives me >5 hours. I can USB tether to my BBerry and get a 115k connection for no additional charge which is handy, if not super fast. Bluetooth USB ad would allow that wirelessly, if I get to that.
    Once the cost of S-S HDs gets low enough to have a 60g, I will likely convert it.
    This is what I'm waiting for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12