Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto ve and plx wideband?

Default Auto ve and plx wideband?

Do I need to build maps manually as stated in the VE Tutorial, or can I use the PLX specific ones provided through the EFI software? Please help, this is really starting to confuse me for no reason.

You can use the PLX ones provided. Back when the tutorial was written the Maps probably were'nt included in the base product (they have now been for some time).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Would you mind telling me what exactly I am supposed to be logging and how to apply it? The tutorial is kinda confusing.

The tutorial will probably make more sense if you understand the intent of the AutoVE process, which I'll briefly describe below. Please also recognize that the Tutorial was written some time ago, and that the software might be slightly different. You'll likely already be familiar with the software anyway from your Duramax experience...

This process is intended to provide an almost automated mechanism to correct your VE Table, using actual measured AFR ratios from your wideband controller.

EFILive formulated what we call a Base Efficiency Numerator (BEN factor) which put simply is the factor of commanded AFR (from the VE Table) measured against actual (wideband) in the tail pipe.

These BEN fctors are what are presented on the BEN Maps (that you originally asked about) and are applied (as a multiple) against the VE Table.

A for example:
    Say your VE table was commanding a AFR of 14.63:1 (stoich) at 3000 rpm @ 45 kPa MAP, but your wideband was measuring 15.36:1. This results in the BEN factor presenting a value of 1.05.

By raising (multiplying) the 3000 RPM @ 45 kPa cell by 5% (1.05) this should result in the commanded and measured AFRs being consistent.

Hope that helps.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    The tutorial will probably make more sense if you understand the intent of the AutoVE process, which I'll briefly describe below. Please also recognize that the Tutorial was written some time ago, and that the software might be slightly different. You'll likely already be familiar with the software anyway from your Duramax experience...

This process is intended to provide an almost automated mechanism to correct your VE Table, using actual measured AFR ratios from your wideband controller.

EFILive formulated what we call a Base Efficiency Numerator (BEN factor) which put simply is the factor of commanded AFR (from the VE Table) measured against actual (wideband) in the tail pipe.

These BEN fctors are what are presented on the BEN Maps (that you originally asked about) and are applied (as a multiple) against the VE Table.

A for example:
    Say your VE table was commanding a AFR of 14.63:1 (stoich) at 3000 rpm @ 45 kPa MAP, but your wideband was measuring 15.36:1. This results in the BEN factor presenting a value of 1.05.

By raising (multiplying) the 3000 RPM @ 45 kPa cell by 5% (1.05) this should result in the commanded and measured AFRs being consistent.

Hope that helps.

That helps alot. Could you just clarify what pid's I am supposed to be logging on my BEN map? RPM and ????????????

From your other post I saw the vehicle is an E40 LS2 so I'd say you'd want the 'CALC.BEN_PLX1_B' or 'CALC.BEN_PLX2_B' PID depending on which EXT.AD input the wideband is plugged into.

Just use the '{B0101} Main VE - PLX WO2 AFR.map' map and change the data to whichever PID is required.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

From your other post I saw the vehicle is an E40 LS2 so I'd say you'd want the 'CALC.BEN_PLX1_B' or 'CALC.BEN_PLX2_B' PID depending on which EXT.AD input the wideband is plugged into.

Just use the '{B0101} Main VE - PLX WO2 AFR.map' map and change the data to whichever PID is required.
    That is my question? What PID is required?

I do not have B0101, I have B0200. Is that the same?

I guess my confusion comes from having to combine 2 different tutorial's that refer to info that is several years old and not real specific to my ECM?

Yeah the tutorial is for the LS1 ECM (which is where my mind was at - even knowing you're LS2). It's getting late, what can I say .

I think my PID answer is still accurate as it is specific to your LS2 (I remembered here).

The Map however is incorrect as the axis are different scales. The B0200 table is the one you're looking at.

I have mad a quick (sample) Map for you based on this table, and using the CALC.BEN_PLX1_B PID. The Map is attached to this post.

Sample.zip
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Yeah the tutorial is for the LS1 ECM (which is where my mind was at - even knowing you're LS2). It's getting late, what can I say .

I think my PID answer is still accurate as it is specific to your LS2 (I remembered here).

The Map however is incorrect as the axis are different scales. The B0200 table is the one you're looking at.

I have mad a quick (sample) Map for you based on this table, and using the CALC.BEN_PLX1_B PID. The Map is attached to this post.

Sample.zip

I couldn't open your sample. I guess I'll keep stabbing at it until someone can help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast