Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build 74 update problem

Default Build 74 update problem

so I decided to try the auto update feature for installing 7.5.5 build 74, but durring the update I get an error that says "Bad Secret Token!" which then closes out the update program.

I'll try manually installing the update but was wondering whats up with the auto update?

EDIT - I'm currently using build 73 if that helps at all.

EDIT again - looks like the download page is still hosting the build 72 file. tried the autoupdate again with the same error.
    Last edited by Aloicious; November 23rd, 2008 at 06:56 PM.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The bad secret token message is displayed when the update is not compatible with the currently installed version.
    It should only say that if the currently installed version is build 71 or earlier.
    Since you have build 73, I do not know why it shows that message.
    Can you please double check the installed version using the Help->About menu.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The bad secret token message is displayed when the update is not compatible with the currently installed version.
    It should only say that if the currently installed version is build 71 or earlier.
    Since you have build 73, I do not know why it shows that message.
    Can you please double check the installed version using the Help->About menu.

Regards
    Paul
    Hey Paul, yeah, here is what the about menu is saying:

EFILive_tune.exe V7.5.5 (Build 73)
    Calibrations available:705
    License: Commercial Scan&Tune
    Restricted to:Personal Scan&Tune(no cable)

its V1 but I don't think that would make any difference for the software.

thanks!
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

okay, now this is strange, I tried the update again, and still got the error. however the error is given durring the "downloading UPDATE file" portion. and I noticed that the progress bar advances after every time an attempt to download is made. so I kept trying, took like 5 times (each time getting the error and having to go back into the program) but it finally downloaded and said the install was successful. I checked the "about" menu and it verifies that its running build 74 now....which is strange, I wonder if there is an error with the updating software?

both scan and tune portions seem to be running okay that I can tell
    Last edited by Aloicious; November 23rd, 2008 at 11:11 PM.

I don't know why you are seeing that message :(

I will post up the full V7.5.5 build 74 software on our downloads page in the next 24 hours. You can download and install that to get your software up to build 74. The only drawback to that is instead of a 10MB update it will be a 75MB full download.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I don't know why you are seeing that message :(

I will post up the full V7.5.5 build 74 software on our downloads page in the next 24 hours. You can download and install that to get your software up to build 74. The only drawback to that is instead of a 10MB update it will be a 75MB full download.

Regards
    Paul
    no worries, thats not too bad I've got a good connection

since it was giving me all those errors, even though it completed the update I'll re-install the downloaded version just to be safe incase something got corrupted or what not.

If it said it installed correctly then it has. The downloaded install/update files have check sums to detect any file corruption. They will not be installed unless the download was 100% perfect.

It is likely that the download was corrupted the first 4-5 times (when you got the bad secret token message) until finally you got a clean download and the install was allowed to continue.

Regards
    Paul

Default build 77?

So this bad secret token thing is happening again. I was checking for update and it took about 17 update attempts, each getting a 'bad secret token' error before finishing and giving a successful completion for build 77.

is it possible it could be a internet connection issue with my network? I'm at work at the hospital using their wireless network, and it seems the activity on the connection just flat out stops prior to the bad secret token error. last time it was doing this was at work too. next update I'll try at home to see if it does the same.

On another note, I haven't read anything about a build 77 which I apparently now have. what was updated on this build?

Thanks!

C:\Program Files\EFILive > New Features.rtf
    it shows build 76. .

FWIW
    i get "installation fail" sometime when updating,
    but the install always is successful.
    the secret token thing maybe Mario and Luigi`s way of messing with your head.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Post screenshots of the bad secret token error message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast