Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E38 - E67 OS compatibility list

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation E38 - E67 OS compatibility list

EDIT: Freshly updated list up to 2011 models, now includes the E37, E38 & E67, see pdf attachment.

Given the recent problems people have encountered with the 2009 model ECM's and programming with TIS and EFILive to earlier OS's I thought I would create a list of OS numbers that shows what should be ok to upgrade / downgrade to.
    Anything marked as a 2009 ECM do not upgrade an old ECM to this OS or don't downgrade the existing 2009 OS to an earlier OS or it will more than likely result in a corrupted ECM due to a change made to the 2009 ECM's.

OS Compatibility Guide.pdf

Cheers,

Ross
    Last edited by Tordne; August 15th, 2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Updated List
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Given the recent problems people have encountered with the 2009 model ECM's and programming with TIS and EFILive to earlier OS's I thought I would create a list of OS numbers that shows what should be ok to upgrade / downgrade to.
    Anything marked as a 2009 ECM do not upgrade an old ECM to this OS or don't downgrade the existing 2009 OS to an earlier OS or it will more than likely result in a corrupted ECM due to a change made to the 2009 ECM's.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Thanks Ross. Appreciate the time.

That makes it pretty well cut and dried.

Do you foresee a time when EFILive will abstract this issue and it will go away?

Also thanks for the additional T42 capability!!!!

Cheers and have a good weekend!

The List is good but do you have a list of the part numbers of the ECU's that are for each year, surely that would be a better way to know what OS can then go back into the ECU... or are you suggesting that we read the ECU first.. see what column the OS falls under then know we can only put back in another OS from that column?

you would think there would be specific part numbers for each year/OS other wise if one part number was across both an 08 and 09 OS then you would be able to change OS years
    ---------------------------
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

LS1's is there anything it wont work on

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.ultimateconversionwiring.com.au

www.dualflash.com.au

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by doubledip View Post
    The List is good but do you have a list of the part numbers of the ECU's that are for each year, surely that would be a better way to know what OS can then go back into the ECU... or are you suggesting that we read the ECU first.. see what column the OS falls under then know we can only put back in another OS from that column?

you would think there would be specific part numbers for each year/OS other wise if one part number was across both an 08 and 09 OS then you would be able to change OS years
    You would think GM might have had specific part #'s for years, though considering they have been proven to change H/W mid year, and can even specify 2 or more hardware versions in a model year, which then seem to be subject to being superceded........sounds like a good navigation feature for a TomTom .

they would have specific part numbers for applications... so if the OS changed enough to stop you going backwards then you think it would have a newer part number.. make it easier to identify for spares...

so there must be some specific part numbers just for these 09 OS's..

there are 4 that i know of part numbers for the E38's and possibly more , so a list should be able to be made.
    ---------------------------
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

LS1's is there anything it wont work on

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.ultimateconversionwiring.com.au

www.dualflash.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Do you foresee a time when EFILive will abstract this issue and it will go away?
    It's a difficult fix and will require a fair amount of time on our part to make it work, in fact I am not 100% it can be done. The problem comes to the fact we can't simply wipe all the data in the ECM and overwrite it with updated data without losing license details etc.
    Much like there is certain LS1 PCM variants that can't be used on certain applications, mail order companies just keep track of what works with what.

Quote Originally Posted by doubledip View Post

I can only suggest you check the vehicle usage by service number chart shown here -
    http://198.208.187.182/internet/VehiclePartFits.jsp
    I don't have (or know of) every different ECM service number that has come out.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It's a difficult fix and will require a fair amount of time on our part to make it work, in fact I am not 100% it can be done. The problem comes to the fact we can't simply wipe all the data in the ECM and overwrite it with updated data without losing license details etc.
    Much like there is certain LS1 PCM variants that can't be used on certain applications, mail order companies just keep track of what works with what.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Oki doki thanks.

Default Yes, THANKS AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Oki doki thanks.
    Thanks again ROSS! I'm using a chart I've been working on with Ian and so far, I've TIS FLASHED 20 new pcms this week for both 08 and 09 cars...and some early ones too with good results.....I'll know more tomorrow when I get to work.

Thanks again!
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

New pdf list posted, now covers all E37, E38 & E67 ECM's up to 2011.
    Hopefully this saves some people some misery.

Yeah !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast