Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: strange acting T42 4L60E combo with 4wd tun file

Lifetime Member

This wont help, but it will give an insight into how much may still be sitting in the background:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....1&goto=newpost

E38 C1 Pin 1 is the P/N safety start signal. Pin 71 as VRobbie mentions is the speed sensor repeat line. The TOSS feeds into the T42 which repeats it and sends it on into the E38.

It looks like you are trying to mix '95 and '97 subsystems with '07 controllers. IMHO: If the systems arent compatible, it would be pure luck that would enable them to work.

Does '97 ABS expect a raw TOSS or speedo signal? Or VSS via CAN?

Quote Originally Posted by harascho View Post
    Isn't that the P/N switch signal??? .. I will check this afternoon.

here is what I have:

Summary:

2hi ok -- 2wd tun in TCM -- 4lo not ok

2hi not ok -- 4wd tun in TCM -- 4lo ok

Conversion:

'97 NP241 electric shift TC. VSS in TC tailshaft. This VSS signal wired to the VSS inputs of the TCM.

Important:

parallel to the TCM's VSS inputs is a '95 VSSB to get the necessary signals for the '97 antilock

(128.000 pulses/mile) . The signals look ok.

speed limit 4lo:

intermittent works on 4lo and 2hi
    intermittent doesn't work on 4lo and 2hi this happens without changing anything

Facts:

4wdlo input ECM C1,2 PIN is grounded when in 4lo, circiut checked and ok

guesswork:

1st guess: The OS (2007 Tahoe with NP8 option) isn't reading the C1,2
    2nd guess: the VSSB parallel to the TCM's VSS inputs confuses things.. sometimes.. which could

explain those non conclusive results I have when testing.

help:

how can I check/activate the 4wdlo C1,2 input on the E38. My OS and tune support option NP8 which indeed should activate that pin.

Can I programm the E38 VSS output to get my '97 antilock working with it.?

Harald

Default TOSS VSS and a mixer

Hi,

E38 C1 Pin 1 is the P/N safety start signal. Pin 71 as VRobbie mentions is the speed sensor repeat line. The TOSS feeds into the T42 which repeats it and sends it on into the E38.

It looks like you are trying to mix '95 and '97 subsystems with '07 controllers. IMHO: If the systems arent compatible, it would be pure luck that would enable them to work.

Does '97 ABS expect a raw TOSS or speedo signal? Or VSS via CAN?
    '97 ABS expects 128.000 pulses/mile speedo signal on it's VSS input PIN
    I use that '95 VSSB to built the signal out of the '97 TC tailshaft VSS sensor. (from the VSS sensors sine wave to the square wave with the correct resolution in respect of tire size and axle ratio)

It works, but it seems to disturb the VSS signal to the TCM .. at least somtimes I am not sure, cause the signals look good.

That thread is interesting, but on my side as I have a E38 /T42/BCM combination with the correct drivetrain OS and tunes, and my schematics say C1,2 is for option NP8 TC then I should be fine. C1,2 isn't doing what it shoud do. Could be a glitch in my schematics (GM manual..) or it could be that we have a software bug somewhere that the 4wdlo input on the E38 isn't activated although it should be according to OS and tun file.

A PID which shows the TC state would be nice but that TC state I found reads incorrect, from 8.00:1 when looked into the E38 to 2,65:1 when looked into the T42, and it doesn't change at all when I ground E38 pin C1,2.

So there is definetly something wrong... maybe a thing for Paul and Ross to take a look at??

Harald
    If nobody has done it before, somebody has to do it....

1997 Tahoe 2dr 4WD
    2002 Alfa Romeo Sportswagon 2.0 JTD
    1982 Deutz Intrac 2004A
    2003 friesian Horse " Henry"

Dredging this back up from the dead.

I just put an 08 Sierra 4x4 5.3/4L60E into my 04 Jeep Wrangler and I'm having the same weird shifting issues - no wot/partial shifts. Well, not always. In 3500 miles, it has shifted correctly on it's own 4-5 times. No matter what I set my shift points to (in any of th etables), it won't follow them.

Sounds like I need to put a 2wd ECM/TCM OS in my rig?

Lifetime Member

All ECM/TCMs are the same, just have to flash them with the proper OS to make it work. Since you're swap is custom, just make sure you use files with the same OS (and preferably same year too). Maybe get 08 Sierra 2wd 5.3/4L60E files and flash that.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    All ECM/TCMs are the same, just have to flash them with the proper OS to make it work. Since you're swap is custom, just make sure you use files with the same OS (and preferably same year too). Maybe get 08 Sierra 2wd 5.3/4L60E files and flash that.
    The problem is there was apparently never a 2wd version of my donor - I've been playing with that over the past week, before I even saw this thread. I went through the trouble of making a new VIN and the new VIN shows invalid on the TIS website. 1GTEK19J58Z is the correct VIN and 1GTEC19J98Z is my made up VIN. It's a correct VIN as far as VIN's go, just not according to GM.

However, I found a Silverado 1GCEC19J28Z If you know how to read VIN's, you'll notice the only difference is the make (model isn't in the VIN), 2x4 and check digit.

I've already compared his stock tune with mine and they are the same, but when you look at the segment/file numbers, some are different. Both are the same OS.

...I think I'll go change my VIN to match his, then apply his tune and see what happens. Worst case I use up some credits, right? Best case it works and I'm still able to use my Edge controller.

You will use up a credit only if you flash a different PCM/ECM/TCM...

i.e. you can flash different file/os/vin for free.

Default 2wd / 4wd tunes and the tranny

Hi waynehartwig,

just read here : http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9960&page=2

and see what we did. Summary is for a correct setup with 4wd tunes in T42 and E38 you need the TCCM of a TC of the year your components are.

I am running 2wd tunes in E38 and T42 right now with the drawback of a not shifting tranny in 4wdlow. This will be addressed soon. I will use a 2007 NP8 option TCCM to control my '97 Tahoes TC (NP243). This will involve some electric workarounds but I think I will be able to get it running, without auto 4x4 that's clear.

Harald
    If nobody has done it before, somebody has to do it....

1997 Tahoe 2dr 4WD
    2002 Alfa Romeo Sportswagon 2.0 JTD
    1982 Deutz Intrac 2004A
    2003 friesian Horse " Henry"

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You will use up a credit only if you flash a different PCM/ECM/TCM...

i.e. you can flash different file/os/vin for free.
    I don't believe the other guys work this way, as I don't have EFILive. I believe with them I have to license the file and then relicense the ECM with the new VIN. But we'll see. If this fixes it, I'm more than happy to pay for this. At this point I just want it fixed. The drag strip is open and I'm itchin' to go play!

Hi waynehartwig,

and see what we did. Summary is for a correct setup with 4wd tunes in T42 and E38 you need the TCCM of a TC of the year your components are.

I am running 2wd tunes in E38 and T42 right now with the drawback of a not shifting tranny in 4wdlow. This will be addressed soon. I will use a 2007 NP8 option TCCM to control my '97 Tahoes TC (NP243). This will involve some electric workarounds but I think I will be able to get it running, without auto 4x4 that's clear.

Harald
    I don't have access to the TCCM or TC from the donor rig. I also am running an Atlas transfer case, fully manual. So if I don't need to add all of this extra stuff or downgrade TC's, I'd be happier.

Hi waynehartwig,

Harald
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I have my VSS on the output shaft of the trans and mine shifts the same, regardless of where the TC is. So maybe this and a 2wd tune is what you guys need? And a manual transfer case of course

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast