Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First AutoVE Log - Please review

Default My First AutoVE Log - Please review

Anyone know why I'm not getting TPS? At one point it goes up to .04 but it's not reading correctly.

It has worked in the past - Only change is the MAF (3 wire) being disconnected - Is that where the signal is?

This is my first shot with the new AutoVE custom tune plus a few other changes.

The attached tune includes the updated VE table from my log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just looked at your log and TPS worked fine in the scan tool.....it goes from 0-100% idle to WOT
    It gets the signal from the TPS sensor on the throttle body not the MAF
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Yes, your TP looks ok.

Include these pids:
    VSS
    RPM
    TP
    MAP
    IAT
    ECT
    AFR
    SPARKADV
    KR
    IBPW1
    IBPW2
    DYNAIR
    DYNCYLAIR_DMA

Maybe include these (if you have them) to get a WOT sanity check:
    HO2S11 (not HO2S12 or HO2S22)
    HO2S21 (not HO2S12 or HO2S22)

Remove INJFLOW, MAPBOOST, VOLTS if you need to bring the channel count down to 24.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	232 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	4562  

Set B3609 to zero.

I set all of B3609 to 0.

This is weird - I created custom charts for AutoVE by modifying the default chart and adding PIDs - When I view the data with my chart I see no TPS, when I load the default chart I see it.

Does anything else look odd?

I Mainly wanted to get everything figured out and make sure it all works. I'm going to rent some hours on the dyno next weekend so I can hit more cells. I would go to jail if i hit all of the cells 50 times on the road in my area.

Also, when I go to the dyno, after my VE is right should I tune my AFR or Timing first?

When you modify a chart, you also need to save it (Save As).

Yes, you just do your best with cell hitting... use smooth throttle transitions so the filter won't have to throw out as much.

The cells you don't hit on the street don't matter because they'll never be hit (knowing this can save you time).

I'm running COS5.

In the AutoVE documentation, when I get to the line that says:
    "Do not perform this section if you are using an EFILive custom operating system, V3 (i.e. 2/3 bar support) or later."

What mode am I running? Is this OLSD?

Are there any other steps that I need to take?

Maybe these? http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=9595

Also, what MODE would you suggest running?

OLSD
    OLMAF
    CLSD
    CLMAF

I don't mind spending time tuning the car - I guess I haven't found a list of advantages/disadvantages for these modes.

Thanks!

You should already be in OLSD... run like this for a while, take logs and verify that it is using the corrrect AFR... you may want to adjust the AFR in B3647 and B3618 for best performance/response.

SD and MAF modes have been shown to produce equal TQ/HP on the dyno...

OLSD has the advantage of no time delays between the sensors (MAF and NBO2) and where combustion occurs... the PCM "instantly" looks up the tables with only microsecond delay... on the street this is good since this is where you'll see the most transient operating conditions... on the race track you will see much steadier conditions.

I like running OLSD... many people like running OLMAF or CLMAF.

After you're satisfied with OLSD, if you want you can do AutoMAF (enable the MAF, set B0120 to zero, make sure CL is disabled, use wideband to correct MAF table) and see how it runs.

In SD or MAF modes, you can try CL to see how it goes... it should keep part throttle AFR at stoichiometric, and WOT operation should be similar to OL (the trims being positive/negative may modify the WOT AFR).

The thing is, when you are satisified with a particular mode/tune, save the file and make a note of it, and then if you want re-enable the various features like COTP and DFCO and try them out... if you don't like them, then go back to your saved/noted file... keep notes of what you tried and why it was good or no good.

For OLSD do I always leave my MAF unplugged, or does setting B5001 to 0 do the job?

The AutoVE doc says to cover most of B3647 and all B3618 of with 14.63 - Is this actually for Semi Open Loop tuning? See post 13 here

Also, why do I need to set B3618 richer than B3647? I know that it's protection, but it's pulling 12.5 from my PE table when B3618 is commanding 12.95.

I would think that with COS5 you would just want to command AFR by RPM and be done with it.

Thanks for the help everyone - I'm planning to write some documentation to help others out once I finish this.

I would leave it unplugged.

B3601 is your stoichiometric AFR (i.e. EQ = 1.000).

If you set any cells in B3647 to the same value as B3601, then running from those cells will give semi open loop (SOL) trimming from STFT's.

Outside of SOL, when PE kicks in, the PCM selects the richer of B3647 or B3618 (when PE kicks in based on B3616)...

usually B3618 is set richer than B3647 just as a matter of convention...
    there may be situations where fueling is coming from B3647 without necessarily being in PE mode...
    then when PE mode kicks in, the richer PE AFR is used...

If you have PE enabled, PE kicks in with throttle position which happens momentarily before MAP responds... see B3616.

I just set my B3618 to look like the last column of my B3647.

Yes, you could just command AFR from B3647, there's nothing wrong with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast