Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RoadRunner guts kit?

that's not a bad idea, did you use the "A" type or "B" type?

Pretty sure it is a B barrel on the through hole/pass through, so I could get a short USB-A to B inside and a USB B to A outside.

Where A is the narrow rectangular and the B is the more squarish connector.
    I owned a Ford once, ONCE.......

I ordered some RR headers, and I have already desolderd the flash chip from my spare 717 pcm, now I wait for the headers, I might just have to dig my car out of the snow to give this thing a try.

Other than the "joy" of doing it yourself and saving $110, why not buy the pre-made RR?
    Have you tried to install the emulator in an E38,E40 ect.?

IMO
    Skip the USB and use the Bluetooth.
    It`s expensive but is 1 less wire to use.
    You can probably make your own dongle for less.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Moates only offers the RR for the V8 cars and trucks, this will be going in a 2001 3.8L Grand Prix GTP. I dont think EFILive offers support for that vehicle either, only TC2 supports it. And it is no problem to work with electronics, I work with them everyday and the 44 pin chip is nothing compared to some componets that require a micorscope to solder.

I just looked up the data sheet of my Intel chip, if you ahve a pcm that locks up while flashing, couldnt you just replace the Intel flash chip, or better yet remove it and replace it with a RR and still have a good pcm?

EFILive and RR should work in any PCM we support that it can be squeezed in to, so that also means the 4cyl (LS1 style) PCM. But, I'm not sure it is actually enabled to work with it. I think some people actually got it working in the Allison TCM too.

E40 uses a different flash chip than the LS1 style PCM, E38 is different again, plus the E38 CPU clock speed is 56MHz or something like that, I'm not sure the RR was ever designed to run that fast. But finally, the real estate issue on the E40 & E38.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I thought you had said the RR license only worked on the 3 streams for the RR. So it WILL work on anything EFILive will support?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    EFILive and RR should work in any PCM we support that it can be squeezed in to, so that also means the 4cyl (LS1 style) PCM. But, I'm not sure it is actually enabled to work with it. I think some people actually got it working in the Allison TCM too.

E40 uses a different flash chip than the LS1 style PCM, E38 is different again, plus the E38 CPU clock speed is 56MHz or something like that, I'm not sure the RR was ever designed to run that fast. But finally, the real estate issue on the E40 & E38.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I owned a Ford once, ONCE.......

EFILive doesnt support the Pontiac 3.8L does it? I didnt seee support on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by N0DIH View Post
    If you have any problem, give me a scream, it worked well, soldering/unsoldering stuff like that is a piece of cake. But I have done it for years too.

Remember, ESD protect things! You are on the bus, don't zap it!!!!

Edit: Where are you located?
    does the RR have to be in the v6 pcm before it will take the v6 calibration file? I tried for fun to flash my RR on my old laptop with the v6 file and it wouldnt take it, I tried flashing in my 6.0 file and it worked.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast