Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: RoadRunner guts kit?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I might be wrong here as I am only going off memory, but at some stage Craig might have had 2 x RR types for the LS1, 512K & 1Mb, obviously programming a 1Mb file in to a RR 512K PCM would result in problems, and vica versa.
    It sounds like we have some sanity checks involved more than a money grab exercise forcing you to purchase both types.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Correct. Can you add something in the Advanced Options to allow S10Mods to flash a 1024k file into his 512k RR? Maybe an OverRide?

I might be wrong here as I am only going off memory, but at some stage Craig might have had 2 x RR types for the LS1, 512K & 1Mb, obviously programming a 1Mb file in to a RR 512K PCM would result in problems, and vica versa.
    It sounds like we have some sanity checks involved more than a money grab exercise forcing you to purchase both types.

Cheers,
    Ross
    check out post 70, http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=70
    Craig said the RR units will accept up to a 1mb file and that they dont care what pcm they are installed in to. what he is refering to not working is if you upload a file in to it that is not a match to the pcm the RR is installed in, that is what wont work. like if I didnt remove the emulator from my LS1 pcm and tried to run the ls1 pcm in my v6, that wont work. but since I put the RR in a v6 pcm and flashed the v6 file, it now works. what we are wondering is can EFILive give the permition to flash a 1mb file in to our purchased as 512K RR and vice versa? for this to work correctly it is assumed that the RR will be installed in to the proper pcm for which the file is intended for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    How different are the LLY, E40, E38 and similar ECM's from the PCM's that the RR currently works in, electricly? I know the above ECM's have a "Fitment issue" with regards to the RR, but if one got brave and took apart one of the ECM's, would a RR "Guts Kit" work with one from an electrical standpoint? How about the LBZ/LMM? They're 2MB, IIRC, but if the RR was upgraded to support 2MB ECMs, would it work with a LBZ or LMM ECM?
    The LLY, E40 use a different flash chip than the LS1, LB7 etc, Craig might not have designed it to handle emulation of a burst flash device even though they are 1Mb.
    The E38 & LBZ ECM's are even worse, burst flash but also 32 bit, plus running at 50MHz or so, not low 20MHz rates like the LB7.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    Correct. Can you add something in the Advanced Options to allow S10Mods to flash a 1024k file into his 512k RR? Maybe an OverRide?
    I'll ask Paul to look at this thread, he will need to confirm why the restriction is in there.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I built in a check to make sure the correct file was going into the correct RR device. We have to cater for everyone's skill level- if you know what I mean.

That said, I figured someone would want to bypass that check. So to bypass it, just hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys while clicking on the RR full flash icon.

But if you do that, then we are not responsible for the aftermath if/when the RR PCM fails to operate the target vehicle correctly.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thank you, I cant wait to try it out, I know the RR makes tuning so much faster, I am so glad that it works in my grand prix. I just finished tuning the trans parameters, it didnt taks much time at all to get it right where i like it.

Yeah, we should finish off support for those V6's one day
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yeah, we should finish off support for those V6's one day
    That would be excellent.

Lifetime Member

Funny... honda people and Crome use a pretty darn long cable.

Ross.. I am missing something.. .v6 3.8s?
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

GM 3800 support would be great. maybe some day it will be avail.

The RR works on it with TC2, but just not a big demand for 3800's.....

Shame, I would love to run my RR with EFILive, it datalogs great, no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods View Post
    GM 3800 support would be great. maybe some day it will be avail.
    I owned a Ford once, ONCE.......

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast