Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RoadRunner guts kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    I will try to look around for that file carefully later tonight and report back. I'll find it somewhere.

If I can upload the V6 file into my RR, I'll pay for my end of shipping and send it to you and you send me yours. Just the guts kit so we keep the PCM serial the same I think and we'll just clarify it with Craig Moates that we are swapping RR's. I'll reinstall EFI Live if thats ok with Paul and Blacky so as to not eat a license. As long as nobody gets any feathers ruffled and my RR actually takes a V6 file, it looks like this will get you to where you want to be and you seem a lot further along than I am.

Besides, the only V6 I'd ever install it in would be a 2002 S10 (girlfriends truck) and she won't even let me plug into the OBD II port yet. She is serious with her vehicle (50k mile stock I think ZQ8 package? the lowered non extreme one). Both our trucks are blue. I think I found a keeper! =)

Eric
    Thanks Eric, I think the serial number is embedded in the RR, so even the guts kit swap is going to have issues I think, I'm not done trying yet, let me try another person for help then I will let you know about the swap.

boy it sure is great taking 2+ hours just to adjust the TCC in my trans since I cant get my RR to work in my v6, I when there are known others who get this to work. ive sent Craig 4 or more emails with no response, must be he doesnt want to sell any RR's since I have even offered to buy another one, I dont even think he checks his e-mail, I only had 1 response right after he posted here, man this is really annoying!!

Send him a PM.
    It is not like him to not respond promptly to email,
    he may not have gotten it or may not be able to.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods View Post
    boy it sure is great taking 2+ hours just to adjust the TCC in my trans since I cant get my RR to work in my v6, I when there are known others who get this to work. ive sent Craig 4 or more emails with no response, must be he doesnt want to sell any RR's since I have even offered to buy another one, I dont even think he checks his e-mail, I only had 1 response right after he posted here, man this is really annoying!!
    Did you use the email form on his website? He usually responds to me on the first day. Maybe because your problem is complicated? I'd use the form on his website instead of his direct address.

I'm going to try to load the V6 tune in right now actually once I find it here. I guess in the name of us being tuning brothers, I'll eat my spare license swapping RR's for you if you would like if it takes the V6 file.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    Did you use the email form on his website? He usually responds to me on the first day. Maybe because your problem is complicated? I'd use the form on his website instead of his direct address.

I'm going to try to load the V6 tune in right now actually once I find it here. I guess in the name of us being tuning brothers, I'll eat my spare license swapping RR's for you if you would like if it takes the V6 file.
    Dont try to waste an EFILIVE license, EFI live doesnt support the v6 files, only tunercat does. if we did swap RR units i believe we would have to contact paul or ross to have our licenses swapped. i am still trying to get mine to work, I just need to get ahold of Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods View Post
    Dont try to waste an EFILIVE license, EFI live doesnt support the v6 files, only tunercat does. if we did swap RR units i believe we would have to contact paul or ross to have our licenses swapped. i am still trying to get mine to work, I just need to get ahold of Craig.
    I meant I'll just spend a license to tune your RR in my hands if we do swap. I guess we could bother paul or ross but I have a license for the time being. =)

I just programmed your 2001 .cal file and it seemed to work fine except when I tried to read it the other software gave an error box saying the file has one or more incorrect checksums. That checksums may may be disabled or the file corrupt.

Now I programmed your 98 file. Again, seemed to work fine. Read it and same safety box.

My girlfriend has a 2002 V6 S10 and so does my dad. Lets figure out how I can test my RR on a live V6 for you on this end and then we will swap and I'll try to figure out why yours doesn't work.

I'm going to TC her V6 when she is sleeping tonight (LOL!). Can I program it into my 512k V8 RR and it will work or do I need a V6 PCM? I have a spare V6 PCM if this becomes necessary.

Let me know asap so I can go try this out.

Eric

if it is a v6 s10 it should be the 0411 pcm which I assume is what your RR is, mine is a 0411, the V6 car pcm is different, it is a 717. your RR should work just fine in a 2002 S10, but you would have to swap the guts out in to a 717 to make sure it totally works, then find a 2001 ish L67 3.8 717 equipped FWD car for testing.

IT WORKS!!!!!!!! I just have to give props to John from TC, I sent him an e-mail and I had a response within 12 hrs with the fix, I had an old version of the RR program was my problem. any time I have ever had a question he always responds way faster than anybody i have ever delt with. Thank you John

Guys, on the V6 PCM, we started to add support for them some time back but the project never got completed. At that time the E38 & E67 ECM's just hit the streets and we thought that support for them was more important than spending another month or so on the V6 PCM.
    2 years on unfortunately we just haven't had a chance to get back to the V6 PCM again.
    On a positive note though, we were working on all PCM's from about 98 through to the last of the 3800's which I think is still used in one model using the P05 PCM.
    One day we'll get there.

With Craig, I am sure he now has someone employed full time to handle support, check he's website to see if there is a support@ type Email address rather than trying to get him direct.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast