Thread: V2 problems

Default V2 problems

I tried Licensing a E38(2008 Silverado 4X4) and my V2 would freeze up when I clicked on the LICENSE computer under the staus check box...Vista would tell me Flashscan encountered a problem and needs to close....I tried a couple of more times but it didn't want to work! So I went into the V2 licensing window and that's where the V2 was freezing up, all the fields were blank and Vista would close the Window...I pulled the SD card out, un-plugged the V2 and plugged everything back in( about 5 times) and that seems to have fixed it...What could've happened?
    I have the most recent up-dates, firmeware, bootblock
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

SD card was probably not making good contact.

Which SD card do you have...?

Scandisk 2GB.....
    About 2 hours later I tried flashing a 2006 Silverado 5.3(4L60E) and everything went smoothly, no problems with the flash, no errors or anything, No check engine light.....everything was cool, I started it up, put it into drive and 5 seconds later the truck went into "LIMP Mode"...WTF??? I stopped, plugged in my V2 and nothing!!! No DTC, codes, errors, scan showed nothing wrong. I went thru the whole tune and i couldn't find anything wrong or out of whack!!!...I originally changed the timimg, PE, Torque Management, Rev Limiter, some transmission parameters e.t.c so not being able to find anything wrong I performed a full re-flash with the same tune and the truck worked and is working like a charm But I was panicking after about 30 minutes or so. I was running out of excuse's

If something was wrong where would the error's or problem's be located?If any?
    Maybe my serial or usb cords are no good.
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    If something was wrong where would the error's or problem's be located?If any?
    Maybe my serial or usb cords are no good.
    The most common cause of that no start situation is some other module on the bus telling the PCM something is wrong and to go into limp mode. The other modules think something is wrong because of the "trauma" of the bus being switched off during reflashing.

If it happens again, i.e. the flash completes successfully*, the engine starts but goes into limp mode, a battery disconnect will reset all modules and usually restore correct operation.

* If the flash does not complete (fails partway) then do not disconnect battery until a successful flash has competed.

I don't think that reflashing problem is related the the issue with the SD card. I think it is just coincidence. The low level drivers for the SD card will retry a failed read or write operation indefinitely with no timeout/recovery. That means if there is some problem with communicating with the SD card, then the FlashScan device will appear to hang.

FlashScan can detect if the card is present or not so if that happens, try ejecting the SD card to recover. You may lose data on the card but if it means the difference between a reflash operation completing successfully or not then I think the data loss may be worth it (depending on the data on your card).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Man, I didn't even think of disconnecting the battery

Thanks

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL