Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The next 5 years

Default The next 5 years

Being that GM, Ford...etc are having issues $$ wise, what is EFI LIVE going to do in the near future?

I just got to thinking and wondering as we may all be driving hydrogen cars or electric cars at some point. R/C modders and electricians/electrical engineers are going to have fun in a few years on a large scale, LOL.
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    [Quote :ur car is sneezing!!!!]
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    My STS build: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631954
    453HP 475TQ @6psi
    .....CAM'd, IC'd, and 7psi'd #'s coming.....

They are going to ask for a bail out.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Petrol/gasoline only for me... none of that electric propulsion for me (...lol... and I'm an EE...).

Lifetime Member

I've been trying to find one of those EV1 S10s for years now. If electric vehicles were cheaper, no doubt I would be driving one.

Like this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...fCarsQ5fTrucks
    2003 Chevy S10 4.3L LU3 LS1B Auto
    48 LB injectors
    Race Proven Motors 2114 intake
    T70 turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Petrol/gasoline only for me... none of that electric propulsion for me (...lol... and I'm an EE...).
    The combustion engine is just soooo much fun

I'm thinking about buying V2 and tuning my friends diesel along with a few other cars my friends have.
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

Well, we have seen no slump in sales figures since the banking collapse which is a good sign for the industry. In fact a number of shops I've spoken to out here say that they are actually busier than normal, that I attribute to lower fuel prices.
    I appreciate a lot of people have ended up in some horrible financial situations since then, but in talking with people I get the feeling the financial crisis is not as bad as the media wants you to think for the average person. Probably a good time to pick up a used Porsche, Ferrari etc
    What I find annoying is how the media blames GM for not making vehicles that people want or not in touch with today's world. Ok, that might be true if they were trying to sell a Silverado in to Italy where it would take up both lanes of a road, but unless you drive around the US with a blind fold on it's pretty obvious that trucks are very popular vehicles.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Well, we have seen no slump in sales figures since the banking collapse which is a good sign for the industry. In fact a number of shops I've spoken to out here say that they are actually busier than normal, that I attribute to lower fuel prices.
    I appreciate a lot of people have ended up in some horrible financial situations since then, but in talking with people I get the feeling the financial crisis is not as bad as the media wants you to think for the average person. Probably a good time to pick up a used Porsche, Ferrari etc
    What I find annoying is how the media blames GM for not making vehicles that people want or not in touch with today's world. Ok, that might be true if they were trying to sell a Silverado in to Italy where it would take up both lanes of a road, but unless you drive around the US with a blind fold on it's pretty obvious that trucks are very popular vehicles.

Cheers,
    Ross

Part of GM's problem that is often glossed over is GMAC and it's foray into the mortgage world with Ditech.com. If all of these lenders are being hit so hard with bad debt, wouldn't it be safe to assume that GM's encountering a similar situation?

The U.S. I am afraid is in deep trouble , with the current commander and chief , he and his party will start the Green Initiative in a few months .
    Green cars are going to be pushed down our throats and gas prices will once again start to escalate as once before .
    But the UAW has a huge in now , Hussein and party are UAW friendly .
    Yeah GMAC , saw that coming a mile away , but Chrysler , poor Chrysler they always need money .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM View Post
    Yeah GMAC , saw that coming a mile away , but Chrysler , poor Chrysler they always need money .
    yep, agreed.

Also, I have noticed that the tuning market along with the gun market right now is booming. I know plenty of people like you say Ross, that are staying busy and are actually swamped now.
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM View Post
    The U.S. I am afraid is in deep trouble , with the current commander and chief , he and his party will start the Green Initiative in a few months .
    Green cars are going to be pushed down our throats and gas prices will once again start to escalate as once before .
    But the UAW has a huge in now , Hussein and party are UAW friendly .

Ross and Paul may end up with time on they`re hands
    to work with those Bosch controllers; hopefully not.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast