Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read Current Tune into V2 Memory

Default Read Current Tune into V2 Memory

I'm a new user of Scan&Tune V2. One of the main reasons I chose it is its support for stand-alone operation. I understand that the ability to standalone program is coming soon in conjunction with the release of the AutoCal product.

It's not clear from the docs whether standalone reading of an ECM's tune into V2 memory is currently supported. I'm assuming it is but before I attempt this I would like to verify what is involved.

I've attached the V2 to EFILive and verified the drivers and licensing is in order. EFILive shows two open licenses. I'm assuming reading a tune from an ECM doesn't require any pre-setup such as logging does.

I'm assuming once the tune has been loaded in V2 memory there is a way for EFILive to extract it and store it on disk but I don't see any documentation of this. I also don't see an docs about how the data on the SD card is access via EFILive or how you use the SD card from the V2.

It might be useful to document more about how the V2 is used in standalone mode. All the docs I saw (with the exception of the fault code reading example in the quick start manual) assume the V2 is being used in the mode where its controlled by the PC.

To my knowledge, standalone reading and flashing is not out yet, although I BELIEVE it's supposed to be relased to beta or public beta some time soon...

Quote Originally Posted by hapnermw View Post
    I'm a new user of Scan&Tune V2. One of the main reasons I chose it is its support for stand-alone operation. I understand that the ability to standalone program is coming soon in conjunction with the release of the AutoCal product.

It's not clear from the docs whether standalone reading of an ECM's tune into V2 memory is currently supported. I'm assuming it is but before I attempt this I would like to verify what is involved.

I've attached the V2 to EFILive and verified the drivers and licensing is in order. EFILive shows two open licenses. I'm assuming reading a tune from an ECM doesn't require any pre-setup such as logging does.

I'm assuming once the tune has been loaded in V2 memory there is a way for EFILive to extract it and store it on disk but I don't see any documentation of this. I also don't see an docs about how the data on the SD card is access via EFILive or how you use the SD card from the V2.

It might be useful to document more about how the V2 is used in standalone mode. All the docs I saw (with the exception of the fault code reading example in the quick start manual) assume the V2 is being used in the mode where its controlled by the PC.

Lifetime Member

Standalone logging (BBL) is currently out and should be out of beta (not seeing any really big changes like this time last year). Standalone reading/flashing (BBR and BBF) are NOT even in beta stages yet. I feel your pain, I upgraded to my V2 for BBF, BBL I could do with my V1 but the ability to read and flash controllers without dragging my laptop outside is very appealing. Sure hope something's in the works soon, as Im not sure how much longer Ill have my truck... :(
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Standalone logging (BBL) is currently out and should be out of beta (not seeing any really big changes like this time last year). Standalone reading/flashing (BBR and BBF) are NOT even in beta stages yet. I feel your pain, I upgraded to my V2 for BBF, BBL I could do with my V1 but the ability to read and flash controllers without dragging my laptop outside is very appealing. Sure hope something's in the works soon, as Im not sure how much longer Ill have my truck... :(
    I believe that it is in final testing at the moment & will be released for beta testing very soon. It was not a requirement for me as I only upgraded to V2 to access later controllers. But now I am moving to a new area of town I would like to flash in a no go tune without having to lug the laptop everywhere.
    The Tremor at AIR

Lifetime Member

Good, Im ready to test the P10 code whenever I can. Most of the time I feel like its me on here pushing for P10 updates and a few other tuning shops peek their heads in sometimes too.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks for the clarification,

I suspect that the demand for Autocal is the primary motivation for getting the standalone load/store function done. I hope this will be available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    But now I am moving to a new area of town I would like to flash in a no go tune without having to lug the laptop everywhere.
    I didn't think of that , Brilliant!
    Hurry up standalone flashing!
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggsy View Post
    I didn't think of that , Brilliant!
    Hurry up standalone flashing!
    It is the only thing I could think of since the valet mode pin is being used for nitrous. Hopefully it wont take much longer than using a laptop to flash in the new tune.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    I would like to flash in a no go tune without having to lug the laptop everywhere.
    I run a replica Cobra and often worry about security.....damn good idea

Jim
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

A No GO Tune would be Tits...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast