Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2000 grand prix gtp

Default 2000 grand prix gtp

Just curious on these vehicles? Can the EFI Live do anything with these cars. Just had a customer ask about this..

Thanks

Joel

Not yet Joel, we had planned on doing something for them in 2008 but never got there. It's a pretty crowded market for tuners for them as it is, it might not be worth pursuing (for us).

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I don't see how the market is crowded, as the only company that supports them now is hptuners.

I've been waiting for a long time (around 2 years) for efilive to support these cars, as hptuners and powrtuner (now defunct) leave a lot to be desired. I've gone as far as disassembling my own bin files to find more parameters, and while that has gotten me very far, it still doesn't improve the rest of the software thats available. And I don't understand why people claim it's so hard to map the P04 and P05 pcms, I've looked at around 350 different bins from P04 and P05 pcm's, from the 98 to 05 model years, and found only around 30 different mappings, to get support for most vehicles you could probably get away with as few as 10. I understand that efilive has the code written to read and write these pcm's, so about all that is left is mapping them out.

As much as I despise hptuners (i've followed them since their beginnings), I'm ready to give up waiting for efilive to support us and unfortunately buy hptuners, as I now need something that supports the P04's, LS1's and 06+ P12 pcm's.

Lifetime Member

bw02gtp Maybe it's more crowed in New Zealand

Well, from what I know, the Australian 3.8's have a completely different pcm thats not even made by delphi/delco. So anything related to tuning the Australian 3.8 v6's is irrelevant to this discussion.

What this thread and quite a few others on this board want support for are the P04 and P05 FWD V6 pcm's. I'm really disappointed in EFIlive in that aspect, previously when they would post replies in those threads, they would always say "it's on the roadmap to be done in a few months". Now they are saying it probably won't be done at all due to the market being "too crowded" with only one competitor, and a crappy one at that. I (any many others that I know of) would have bought efilive v2 when it first came out if it had support for these pcm's, it just seems like they don't want our money.

If I were running a company, I would NEVER pass up potential sales, especially in this day and age. I would also do anything in my power to out do my competitors, and I sure wouldn't make excuses not to.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not yet Joel, we had planned on doing something for them in 2008 but never got there. It's a pretty crowded market for tuners for them as it is, it might not be worth pursuing (for us).

Cheers,
    Ross

I doubt many people will go out of they're way to buy EFILive just for this
    particular vehicle but more is never a bad thing.

Ferrari support is few and far between
    maybe this is a market worth tapping.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

So far I am happy with my V2. If i could change an SC pulley and drop
    in some injectors I know I would make money. I don't know if it makes
    a difference to Ross but I would buy that stream.

Default I know

I know it's an older post but, you can use efi live on a four cylinder Saturn yet not on a supercharged 3.8 so your telling me that more people are going to buy efi live just for their saturn than a grand prix gtp, regal gs,monte Carlo, impala ect?

Actually we just added the reading of the 1996+ 3.8L PCM's to the black box reading, so progress is happening, albeit a very small step!
    The feeling I get is that the 3.8L guys are looking for custom OS's etc? I've not seen what HPT has in the 3.8L tuning department, but given that was released to compete with DHP at the time it was probably on par (or had maybe more than DHP) as far as tuning tables. So what else do the 3.8L tuners need over what HPT has?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Ross..........Thank you, from this point on I will shut down anyone that
    says EFI Live doesn't listen to it's customers. Now you could be a nice
    guy and add it to LS1-B and I'll just go a head and buy that one, however
    I am a man of my word so if you make this a separate stream I will buy
    it also. SSSOOOOooooo...... where is the caddy 4.6 & 4.4 SC support ?

EDIT :Sorry Ross you guys must have added the 4.4L & 4.6L since the last time
    I checked.
    Last edited by L31Sleeper; January 30th, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast