Thread: Bosch E69 support? Please?!

Default Bosch E69 support? Please?!

Hey Ross, I have an '09 CTS 3.6DI that I'd like to fix a few things on, any chance I'll be able to do it with EFILive in the near future?

It has a T43 also, I can pull the calibration out of it but EFILive says it's an unrecognized controller so I can't do anything with it. Obviously I can't even pull the calibration out of the ECM with what's currently in EFILive. I'd really like to work on both the ECM and the TCM, but I'd be happy with anything at this point. It looks like the "other" guys are close to supporting the E69, please don't make me use them, EFILive kicks #ss on that other software's interface! It also looks like Vector may be tuning the Cad ECM but there's no way I want to go that route either.

Please tell me there's hope! The CTS is selling pretty well, I would think there would be enough market out there to make it worth while. There are a bunch of Sky and Solstice guys out there too that would probably appreciate the E69 support also. Not to mention G8's and the new Camaro.

Thanks!
    Last edited by gmtech16450yz; January 22nd, 2009 at 04:02 PM.

The answer can be found here -
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8546

In saying we aren't supporting the E69 isn't because we don't want to because it's Bosch, or it's a V6 or anything like that, we already had 2009 R&D planned out in 2008 and the DI ECM wasn't on the list. Does that mean we are working on support for Hyundai instead?, no of course not.

Send your T43 file to support@efilive.com , not sure on a time frame to add it though.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the reply, I sent the file... waiting and hoping!

Thanks Ross.

Hey I just noticed that the '08-'09 CTS T43 is listed in the supported vehicles list. Is that a mistake or does that mean the regular 3.6 and not the 3.6DI trans? If so are the trans calibrations that different?

The CTS is an E69-4 and Vector isnt doing anything with it, I was when I was at Vector. Be very careful tuning that TCM if you are AWD!
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red A4 GTO
    2009 3LZ Z06
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Premium
    2013 XTS Platinum

Nope, not AWD, I know better than that! (I've seen too many Denali AWD problems)

Looks like I won't be able to do any tuning on this CTS for awhile anyway, ECM or TCM. :(

Ross, did you get a chance to look at that T43 file I sent you? Just wondering if it looks like a quick job to get it into an update or if it looks like a lot of work? I can't imagine it would be that different than the '09 3.6 non DI T43 that you already support?

Thanks! (fingers crossed)