Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mini laptop for tuning with EFI Live?

Picked me up the Samsung after taking a look at two "competitors" at the shop ... Samsung won hands down with overall build quality feeling, keyboard, etc ... put on a Ubuntu partition, left some 40+Gigs for XP ... encryption of the XP partition went pretty quick too, only about an hour or so ... Of course, EFILive is on it already, tried to connect to V2, which worked fine, haven't hooked it up to the car yet, though ... don't expect any trouble there either ... only thing that could be a bit bigger is the track pad, but I guess I can get used to it ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Lifetime Member

when you flash a tune to a pcm , the start tab you click to start the loading process is down at the bottom so far that you have to know where it is to click it. there may be a way for me to change that, maybe zooming out while flashing.

good luck with it, i really like the compactness of the mini for tuning . Glad i chose to save the money for a tune only laptop.
    2000 NBM trans am.
    427 Dart ship block,Lme ported Ls7 heads 12.5 compression
    246/262 .730/.712 112+4 low lash solid roller
    Rmvb 4l80 with transbrake, 8" FTI converter
    12 bolt Moser rear end with 4.10 gears

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Skeered View Post
    when you flash a tune to a pcm , the start tab you click to start the loading process is down at the bottom so far that you have to know where it is to click it. there may be a way for me to change that, maybe zooming out while flashing.

good luck with it, i really like the compactness of the mini for tuning . Glad i chose to save the money for a tune only laptop.
    yeah those buttons are pretty far down there. if you are running XP you can right click on the taskbar down at the bottom and uncheck "lock the taskbar" this allows you to move the taskbar out of the way to see those buttons.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234