Thread: 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.2L ECM question

Question 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.2L ECM question

I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.2L. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to gas motors since I've only tuned the Duramax. When I plug in EFILive to this car it works on the E38 ECM setting as far as scanning. Is this the correct ECM for this vehicle? Even some of the DVT functionality works. I just didn't see any support for this year ECM.

Thanks!

Did you see this? Supported Vehicles
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Did you see this? Supported Vehicles
    Yup. I was wondering if this was supported in any way even though the engine isn't on the list.

Our scan tool will work with a lot of GM vehicles that we don't support tuning for. It will even allow logging of enhanced PID's on most GM OBD-II vehicles.

To GM's credit they were quite consistent in the implementation of PID's and scanning on all OBD-II controllers. Though I am a little surprised the DVT's worked on that controller as though it was an E38, use the DVT's carefully on that car when the correct ECM type is not selected, what might switch the MIL off on one controller might control the Fuel pump on another!.
    I think the ECM on that 2004 3.2 is a Bosch CAN based ECM which is why EFILive seems to be happy to treat it as a E38.

The process of reading and writing to the ECM is what is totally different on each controller type, that is why if you try to read that CTS ECM as a 'x' type controller it won't work.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Our scan tool will work with a lot of GM vehicles that we don't support tuning for. It will even allow logging of enhanced PID's on most GM OBD-II vehicles.

To GM's credit they were quite consistent in the implementation of PID's and scanning on all OBD-II controllers. Though I am a little surprised the DVT's worked on that controller as though it was an E38, use the DVT's carefully on that car when the correct ECM type is not selected, what might switch the MIL off on one controller might control the Fuel pump on another!.
    I think the ECM on that 2004 3.2 is a Bosch CAN based ECM which is why EFILive seems to be happy to treat it as a E38.

The process of reading and writing to the ECM is what is totally different on each controller type, that is why if you try to read that CTS ECM as a 'x' type controller it won't work.

Cheers,
    Ross
    The cylinder control ckts work to turn one off at a time using the DVT. I didn't try others except to try to control the RPM's but I got an error. Yes it's a CAN based ECM. I don't suppose there is very much demand for tuning support for this ECM? It would be fun since it's the only gasser I have access to. Thanks for the information Ross.

any progress on tuning this car? i know of a few people that are interested in it.

I know this is an old thread, but just thought I would throw this up since I am interested in tuning this.

Thanks

Tim

No, nothing on the table for these Bosch systems.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.