Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tuning out exhaust hiss

Lifetime Member

not really unless some one wants to make you a script to do it.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Ok, so I have to pull up every table and set the new % and then save it all, right?
    2006 cclb LBZ motor, banks intercooler, bd manifold, sb cold air, 4" straight pipe exhaust, resonator mod, transgo jr, edge insight monitor, EFI LIVE, Fabtech 6" lift, 18" rockstars on 35" toyo oc mt's

I just went and looked from b2210-b2215 and currently all %'s in columns 600-800 rpms and 0-20mm3's are at 80-90 something %. Is it really ok to go from that down to 10%, cause right after going up from 800 rpm it increases dramatically. I guess since I am so new to this it seems like a radical change...??
    2006 cclb LBZ motor, banks intercooler, bd manifold, sb cold air, 4" straight pipe exhaust, resonator mod, transgo jr, edge insight monitor, EFI LIVE, Fabtech 6" lift, 18" rockstars on 35" toyo oc mt's

Quote Originally Posted by lubeman1969 View Post
    I just went and looked from b2210-b2215 and currently all %'s in columns 600-800 rpms and 0-20mm3's are at 80-90 something %. Is it really ok to go from that down to 10%, cause right after going up from 800 rpm it increases dramatically. I guess since I am so new to this it seems like a radical change...??
    If youd like, send me your tune and I'll do it for you. That way you could see what it looks like

On edit: there is no problem going from 80 to 10. I have mine set going from 2 to 99% and it has no problem
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

Dmaxhawk...thanks for the response man, I think I will try it myself as Im on two different computers right now and my zip drive is nowhere to be found!! haha. I also think I will try turning upp the timing as herculesdmax recommended and I may even try and disable the pilot injection at idle, do you think these are good ideas?

Dmaxhawk...thanks for the response man, I think I will try it myself as Im on two different computers right now and my zip drive is nowhere to be found!! haha. I also think I will try turning upp the timing as herculesdmax recommended and I may even try and disable the pilot injection at idle, do you think these are good ideas?
    No problem. You still use Zip drives?? get yourself a jumpdrive

I tried turning the timing up and disabling the pilot injection and i didn't like the way it ran. But thats just me, you might find that you like it. I haven't messed with it since then. I might try it again to see what I come up with.
    07 El Bee Zee

What did you not like about it? By the way it sounds, the two purposes for this is to give it a louder rumble and to reduce the amount of smell at idle? When herculesdmax gave all the tables to zero for disabling pilot injection, was he saying to zero the entire table from top to bottom? I can see how to do that, but have no idea which tables to go in and move timing up. Too late tonight, but I have shut of egr function and taken the hiss at idle away!! Iguess enough for tonight...let me know what you think..Jason

What did you not like about it? By the way it sounds, the two purposes for this is to give it a louder rumble and to reduce the amount of smell at idle? When herculesdmax gave all the tables to zero for disabling pilot injection, was he saying to zero the entire table from top to bottom? I can see how to do that, but have no idea which tables to go in and move timing up. Too late tonight, but I have shut of egr function and taken the hiss at idle away!! Iguess enough for tonight...let me know what you think..Jason
    IIRC, it ran rough. This was with a cold motor back in February i think. So i need to try it again with a warm motor. He said the timing was to reduce smoke at idle. Yes, zero out the entire pilot injection table. The timing tables are B0908-B0910, increase timing by 4 degrees in the idle part of the table (0-600 rpm, 0-15mm3)
    07 El Bee Zee

Thank you, I may just try this and see if I like it...thanks for your help...Im new to this forum and to EFIlive, glad to have made a friend!! Jason

Thank you, I may just try this and see if I like it...thanks for your help...Im new to this forum and to EFIlive, glad to have made a friend!! Jason

Congrats on your EFI purchase, you will not be disappointed with it. Welcome to the forum! Let me know if you have any questions.
    07 El Bee Zee

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast