Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: tuning out exhaust hiss

When adding the 4 degrees of timing, why dont I go up to 800 rpm instead of 600...the truck is set to idle at 680 I believe. If the timing addition is set below idle, will it even be effective? The table increments are in 200rpm jumps, am I missing something?
    2006 cclb LBZ motor, banks intercooler, bd manifold, sb cold air, 4" straight pipe exhaust, resonator mod, transgo jr, edge insight monitor, EFI LIVE, Fabtech 6" lift, 18" rockstars on 35" toyo oc mt's

Quote Originally Posted by lubeman1969 View Post
    When adding the 4 degrees of timing, why dont I go up to 800 rpm instead of 600...the truck is set to idle at 680 I believe. If the timing addition is set below idle, will it even be effective? The table increments are in 200rpm jumps, am I missing something?

You're right, 800 is also included in the idle area
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

just so u know u can go under the fuel pressure folder and open up max number of injection pulses from 0-800 rpm to 1 instead of 5 and u wont have to mess with all them folders. me personally i have absolutly no pilots at all i only run the main injection a little noisy but sounds good i think. u can add a little more timing that way b/c the pilots are not preheating the cylinders. turn your post inj. off also they do nothing on the lbz w/straight pipes but waste fuel in my opinion.
    2006 Chevy Ext Cab SB 2500 LBZ 4x4 EFI LIVE w/ Turbo brake
    5" stacks egr blocked no kitty 285/70/17 nitto terra grapplers fass pump custom air intake tru trac diff in rear water/meth inj. race fuel valve

2001 Chevy Std cab 12' ultility bed with pipe rack 3500 2wd LB7 with 6 spd manual custom exhaust system and ppe boost increase valve

Duramax ROCKS

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by justin123 View Post
    just so u know u can go under the fuel pressure folder and open up max number of injection pulses from 0-800 rpm to 1 instead of 5 and u wont have to mess with all them folders. me personally i have absolutly no pilots at all i only run the main injection a little noisy but sounds good i think. u can add a little more timing that way b/c the pilots are not preheating the cylinders. turn your post inj. off also they do nothing on the lbz w/straight pipes but waste fuel in my opinion.
    The purpose of the Post injection is to lower the NOx emissions. It has nothing to do with the exhaust system on and LBZ. LMM is a different story. But there is a trade off there Use more fuel lowering NOx OR use less fuel making more NOx????? thats the question. I personally turned it off too...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Quote Originally Posted by justin123 View Post
    Ive wanted to try this with no pilots tryed 0ing all the tables mentioned eailier and it ran like shit even warm so i thought i might try your way but my table B1021 starts @ 1400 rpm and 5 volts
    is that the right table?

Quote Originally Posted by maxxflip View Post
    Ive wanted to try this with no pilots tryed 0ing all the tables mentioned eailier and it ran like shit even warm so i thought i might try your way but my table B1021 starts @ 1400 rpm and 5 volts
    is that the right table?
    is that the LLY engine??? b/c i dont have a B1021 table ???
    5" stacks egr blocked no kitty 285/70/17 nitto terra grapplers fass pump custom air intake tru trac diff in rear water/meth inj. race fuel valve

2001 Chevy Std cab 12' ultility bed with pipe rack 3500 2wd LB7 with 6 spd manual custom exhaust system and ppe boost increase valve

Duramax ROCKS

nvm i was in my transmission searching duh huh... my bad. stock they should all be set to 5 from 0-5800 rpm. and does it run like shit if u give it a little fuel to take off somewhere around 12-1500rpms??? and light colored smoke?? i experimented with running a stock tune with only the main pulse.... and it does as i just described. prorbably what your experiencing but i have alot of tunes that run fine with 1 injection just the stock one dont in that one certain rpm... have u adjusted the timing any??? im pretty sure thats what it is the timing needs to be advance a little.
    Last edited by justin123; August 8th, 2009 at 02:43 PM.

Duramax ROCKS

Ya about 1300 rpm and yes light smoke No havent adjusted timing yet was just playing around with it
    Is B1021 the table your using to shut off the pilots?
    If so what are the values? as stated earlier mine are from 5-17 volts
    and 1400-3900 rpm.
    Stock 2006 LBZ

Today I put in the tune I changed to open up turbo vanes at idle and man does it sound good!! I havent gotten ballsy enough to run my tune where pilots are turned off, but that is next. This was def. a good change, I can tell already that the EGT's are lowering faster when you come to 800 rpm or lower...thanks for he help on this thread guys!!
    2006 cclb LBZ motor, banks intercooler, bd manifold, sb cold air, 4" straight pipe exhaust, resonator mod, transgo jr, edge insight monitor, EFI LIVE, Fabtech 6" lift, 18" rockstars on 35" toyo oc mt's

Quote Originally Posted by lubeman1969 View Post
    Today I put in the tune I changed to open up turbo vanes at idle and man does it sound good!! I havent gotten ballsy enough to run my tune where pilots are turned off, but that is next. This was def. a good change, I can tell already that the EGT's are lowering faster when you come to 800 rpm or lower...thanks for he help on this thread guys!!
    Glad you like it!
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast