Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: tuning out exhaust hiss

Would it make any sound or benefit difference to change vane positioning from 2% to 0%? Im loving the way this sounds at idle and just wondered about it. If you went to 0%, would your boost be so low right above idle that you would no power?
    2006 cclb LBZ motor, banks intercooler, bd manifold, sb cold air, 4" straight pipe exhaust, resonator mod, transgo jr, edge insight monitor, EFI LIVE, Fabtech 6" lift, 18" rockstars on 35" toyo oc mt's

changing from 0 to 2% isnt noticeable. It wouldnt have any effect on power either if its at idle.
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

Ok thanks...I figured I'd ask before experimenting. Dmaxhawk...check out the new thread I just started and give me some thoughts please...
    2006 cclb LBZ motor, banks intercooler, bd manifold, sb cold air, 4" straight pipe exhaust, resonator mod, transgo jr, edge insight monitor, EFI LIVE, Fabtech 6" lift, 18" rockstars on 35" toyo oc mt's

I changed the tables to "0" as well then I highlighted those same tables and 1 more to the right and 1 more down than the tables I changed and used the "smooth" button. This way when I step on the go pedal my vanes aren't at "0" and needing to get to "80" to make boost to get me moving. Still rumbles nice too. I have 5" TB.
    2006 Dually LBZ
    5" T'Back MBRP
    EFI friggin awesome Live
    TransGo Jr.

Is this the same for the LMM???

Lifetime Member

yep
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

hi - I'm trying to write a script for this right now. I see post recommending 40% and this one recommending 10%. It seems like a big difference??? I don't know which to use, but my goals are no hiss and no driveability changes -opinions?

I am also going to try to reduce the smell at idle - thanks for the info on that too!

Thanks,
    Wally

I use 25% you can try 40% if you want. This will have no affect on drive ability you can use what ever % you want as long as it sounds good to you. As far as I know there is nothing you can do about the smell its a diesel.
    06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

thanks - I tried 10% and 40%. Both sound great... but then a couple seconds later it's back to a hiss. I read that this can be tuned out, but I'm unable to figure out how. Any tips???

Thanks!
    Wally

Lifetime Member

Tune the EGR OFF and set MIN vane table below what you have commanded and you should be fine.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast