Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help ASAP with tuning issues

Is your car an M6 or A4?
    the tune you posted had no values in the P/N column.
    you also have some trans cals. out of range,
    which is odd seeing how the calibration tab shows you have an M6.

subtracting negative values will add.
    adding negative values will subtract.

add the logged values for RAFIG.
    Last edited by mr.prick; January 28th, 2009 at 06:02 PM.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by esco35m View Post
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. 5.7
    BTW nice car in sig.
    Thanks. The light hides a lot of sins though.
    Paste & add the values like mr.prick has said. This will get your desired airflow table in the ballpark.
    The Tremor at AIR

Heres what I did last night. I finished the rafig process and made some adjustments like spdeamon recommended according to the idle tuning. The last thing that I did was the Startup friction airflow correction. I also changed the tran cal back to normal.

I just got done doing some logging. I just drove around the block. The idle was good like before however the when i come to a stop I am still gitting the idle dropping down to about 300rpm and swinging back up to about 1200rpm. The one thing that did get alot better was off idle. I can take off with out giving it too much throttle. The car stalled on me about three times this morning. Most of the time it was when I was going in reverse. So I am very happy about that.

Let me know what you all think and what I should adjust next. I attached the log and the tune that was used. Thank you all very much.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Car: 2002 WS6 M6
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress
    RWHP:450 RWTQ:426

You need to drop 1 or 2 PIDS, you have 25 channels selected this will slow
    the rate of data logged.

24 channels is the limit to log in "stream-fast mode"
    see scan tool properties >logging >scan mode >more info

FWIW i have only need to change {B4307} {B4311} and {B4312} for all my idle woes,
    all other idle tables are stock.
    Raise {B4311} and {B4312} then see if it still wants to stall while coming to a stop.
    RAFIG looked good.
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    You need to drop 1 or 2 PIDS, you have 25 channels selected this will slow
    the rate of data logged.

24 channels is the limit to log in "stream-fast mode"
    see scan tool properties >logging >scan mode >more info

FWIW i have only need to change {B4307} {B4311} and {B4312} for all my idle woes,
    all other idle tables are stock.
    Raise {B4311} and {B4312} then see if it still wants to stall while coming to a stop.
    RAFIG looked good.
    I will take another look at some the changes. I will put the other tables back to stock. How much should I raise B4311 and B4312 and where at in the table. I don't have the efi infront of me since im at work on lunch break. When I get home this evening I will make some more changes and post up results.
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress

This is how mine are set
    Throttle Cracker Activate Speed
    {B4311} Throttle Cracker Activate Speed 15 MPH
    {B4312} Throttle Cracker Deactivate Speed 14 MPH

You may not need so much, try 10MPH and 9MPH
    LC-1 WBO2

you really need to log IAC counts, and get them in the ball park before doing the RAFIG.

Here is a guide i started to put together -

· Determine desired idle speed – use bi-directional controls to find what idle rpm the engine likes
    · Set desired idle rpm values in table B4603
    · Go to all spark tables an set park & idle values to aprox 22* or verify what engine likes at idle using the bi-directional controls
    · Now switch to scanner and select IAC counts and TPS voltage pids.
    • We want IAC counts to be 40-60 for cars with aftermarket cams. The stock cam runs about 60-80 counts. A car with an aftermarket cam will want less IAC counts.
    • To reduce IAC counts turn off the car. Turn the idle set screw clockwise to open the throttle blade a LITTLE. Unplug the TPS, turn the key to the on position, DO NOT start the car, for 30 seconds. Turn the key off and plug TPS back in.
    • Start the car and begin scanning. Monitor the IAC counts and repeat until the IAC counts come into line. It will take about 4-6 times to get the IAC counts correct.
    Now put a load on the car (D if automatic, and put the AC on). The values here
    Should be no higher than 120 or so.
    Note: Keep in mind that TPS voltage must be in the .4 to .6 range. If above or below this voltage, the PCM will fall into the wrong cell at idle. Check the TPS voltage each time the set screw is adjusted and adjust as necessary.
    · Another adjustment that will help start-up and idle is to go to the cranking VE table and multiply the whole table by about -20% to lower it.
    · Open Map and log RAFIG & RAFIP/N from a cold start up and apply add corrections to tables in B4307
    · With larger cams it may be beneficial to reduce the amount of timing the pcm can command to smooth idle – B5935 & B5936 to prevent the PCM fighting the cam and constantly over and under correcting.
    · Increase the idle learn limits in the following tables to allow PCM greater range to learn idle on larger cams
    {B4322} Idle Learn P/N Limit High 8
    {B4323} Idle Learn P/N Limit Low - 8
    {B4331} Idle Learn P/N A/C On Limit High 8
    {B4330} Idle Learn P/N A/C On Limit Low -8
    {B4324} Idle Learn Drive Limit High 8
    {B4325} Idle Learn Drive Limit Low -8
    {B4329} Idle Learn Drive A/C On Limit High 8
    {B4328} Idle Learn Drive A/C On Limit Low -8
    · To prevent the throttle cracker interfering when manouvering vehicle at low speed and causeing a stumble or stalling increase the vaues in tables
    {B4311} Throttle Cracker Activate Speed 13
    {B4312} Throttle Cracker Deactivate Speed 12 (worked for me)
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

Mr Prick,

Do you think I need to do the RAFIG process again? I tried raising the B4311 and b4312. I still get the same results when coming to a stop. I also got on the free way and when im coming off the freeway and I press and hold in the clutch and put the car in neutrual the RPM dips way down like to 300 rpms and swings back up. And thats doing 50-60 mph. I am getting a little frustrated with this. Do you think anything mechanicly wrong could be going on like losing fuel pressure or something. I have no idea where to start. And now Jason at TSP does not answer his phone or return my calls.

Mr Prick or anyone else do you think I could start with your tune I think we have the same size cam. Or could you make some adjustment with my tune to get me in line. I just want this car to be safe to drive on the street. I am going to try doing the autove and get everything else in line. Let me know what you all think the problem could be.
    Last edited by esco35m; January 29th, 2009 at 03:34 PM.

esco, do a log with spark, throttle cracker & throttle follower airflow & IAC steps. It is more than likely too unstable an idle but if airflow is decaying too quickly, no timing correction will catch it.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    esco, do a log with spark, throttle cracker & throttle follower airflow & IAC steps. It is more than likely too unstable an idle but if airflow is decaying too quickly, no timing correction will catch it.
    How do I do that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast