Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LMM - another No remote start after ECM swap

Default LMM - another No remote start after ECM swap

A freind of mine just got an ECM from ECUOutlet for his 07 LMM, and had it programmed with his OS (12628594) from his VIN. Now the remote start doesn't work. Initially, I suspect it was becuase the injector flow rates hadn't been programmed. I programmed the flow rates from the GPCM to the ECM (Twice, actually). It then wouldn't work, probably because the DPF was removed, but not tuned out at that point. Now he has a Quadzilla with the DPF delete program in it, and the remote start STILL doesn't work. I noticed that there where some DPF related codes that where coming and going. They never matured, and didn't set a MIL, they showed up in the V2, but not in the 7.5 scan tool. Below are the DTC's as they where recorded with the "Record all diags" function. Any suggestions? I may end up using a license and hooking him up with a EFILive DPF Delete tune. Might work better.... Also, the "Remote vehicle start disable 1" data is "Unknown", and there are no more entries...just in 1.

P2033=ECM,-F---N-S
    P0420=ECM,-F---N-S
    P2455=ECM,-F---N-S
    P0546=ECM,-F---N-S

Just to lend a hand here, there are other options that may need to be programmed/relearned. We ship the new ECM loaded with the newest/latest base factory calibration but obviously no option/flow/ect data as we dont have the vehicle.

From the service manual:
    If the engine control module (ECM) is replaced, the following procedures must be performed:

Capture the Option data.
    Important: Clear any DTCs that may have set after completing the programming procedure.

Enable ECM Reprogramming--Refer to Service Programming System (SPS).
    Restore the Option data in the new ECM.
    Start and idle vehicle.
    Using the scan tool, perform the Turbocharger Learn Procedure. Refer to Turbocharger Learn.
    Perform a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regeneration Enable.
    If necessary, perform the following:
    • Theft Deterrent--Refer to Theft Deterrent Control Module Programming and Setup.

• The Fuel Injector Flow Rate Programming--Refer to Fuel Injector Flow Rate Programming.

• Engine Oil Life Remaining--Use scan tool to reset Engine Oil Life.

• Fuel Filter Life--Use scan tool to reset Fuel Filter Life.
    www.ECUoutlet.com
    New ECU's of all types,
    at salvage prices!

Does the truck crank for a second and shut back down, or just nothing at all?

If it cranks and shuts back down, it is the DTCs causing this. If there is no DPF on the truck and the ECM does not have the codes blocked to not report, It simply wont work.

I assume the the hood is closed? But that will cause remote start to not function as well.

That ****94 OS is a PITA, seems everyone is having problems with it.

Sounds like you ordered a factory ECM, that would mean these codes are not blocked. The remote start would act the same if you were to pull the DPF a factory truck.
    Last edited by MMLMM; February 1st, 2009 at 08:05 AM.
    12 Second LMM

It starts and runs fine with the key, but with remote start, nothing at all. Thanks for the heads up ECUOutlet; I'll look at the other steps. I wonder if full flashing the read I took off the original ECM would help?

I had the same problem. I am sure that you have read about it in the other thread. It turned out to be something with the ECM its self. Mine was not new though it was used.
    2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4X4 334 hp and 599 ft/lbs on 24 Aug 2008 at Meridian Motor Sports Meridian Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by usafracer View Post
    I had the same problem. I am sure that you have read about it in the other thread. It turned out to be something with the ECM its self. Mine was not new though it was used.
    If you need another ECM please let us know, we sell new units typically below what used ones go for with free OEM programming
    www.ECUoutlet.com
    New ECU's of all types,
    at salvage prices!

I am leaning towards it being a VATS issue. I know that sounds odd when the key is used to start the truck it works, but the remote starts relies on the fact the ECM and Theft module have been linked by GM's SPS.

You should also be able to link the VATS with EFILive.
    If you look at parameter G0302 it describes what needs to be done to relink the ECM, though I suspect the relink may have already worked if the vehicle is running.
    One thing to check as these are new ECM's, in the Tune tool, go to the locking option and look at the VATS counter (see pic). It probably needs to be at 0 for the VATS to link up fully.
    Main thing is not to panic and give up on getting this working, it will be something trivial in the end, it's just a matter of figuring out what the ECM is unhappy with.

Cougar281, are you able to please send me a log with the remote start disable PID logged. I may have got the bit flags wrong which is why it is not showing anything.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VAT-LINK.png 
Views:	361 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	4653  
    Last edited by GMPX; February 1st, 2009 at 01:43 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

And your positive the flow rates were copied correctly?

theres a thread you could read through.
    http://208.109.104.11/forum/showthre...hlight=relearn
    12 Second LMM

Ross,

One thing I noticed with the pid's you sent me when I was having the same problem is they would only read if the truck would crank over.
    2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4X4 334 hp and 599 ft/lbs on 24 Aug 2008 at Meridian Motor Sports Meridian Idaho.

Well, even if you start the truck with the key and it runs, if there was an attempt to remote start it and it failed the ECM will still report the reasons why. At least that is what those PID's are supposed to do.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast