Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LMM - another No remote start after ECM swap

Any thing ever get figured out with this. I have the same exact issue I am useing the 8594 os wellactually the 52528594 os and the truck wont remote start it will fire my lift pump and the securitey light on the dash comes on but thats it. wont even atttemp to start. Works and runs fine useing the key. And with my other ecm and 7103 os my remote start works fine.

Make sure there are no codes.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    Make sure there are no codes.
    LOL yea I know that one YEa there no codes hidden or visible any other ideas ? usally if theres a code present it will atempt to star then shut off. but in this case it wont even try to start just does what i stated above. its perplexing to say the least.

Oh, I guess I didn't post it here ... Sorry!!

Open up the Tune tool, go to "Flash" > "PCM Security" Click "Check Status". Look at the line that says "GM VAT/IGN cycles:". If that number is anything other than "0", click on the "VAT Relink" tab, next to "IGN Cycles", enter "0" and click the "IGN Cycles" button. Power Down, start up again, and check status again. If it reads "0", your remote start should work.

My guess is your counter got reset, and is decrementing from 254 (Each ignition cycle decrements it by one). Given enough time, it would eventually get to "0" on it's own and RS would "magically" work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post

Open up the Tune tool, go to "Flash" > "PCM Security" Click "Check Status". Look at the line that says "GM VAT/IGN cycles:". If that number is anything other than "0", click on the "VAT Relink" tab, next to "IGN Cycles", enter "0" and click the "IGN Cycles" button. Power Down, start up again, and check status again. If it reads "0", your remote start should work.

My guess is your counter got reset, and is decrementing from 254 (Each ignition cycle decrements it by one). Given enough time, it would eventually get to "0" on it's own and RS would "magically" work.
    Presto YOU da man thanks Worked like a charm. This should be a sticky

Would this also work with an after marked remote? Did a full update OS w/ DSP5 reflash and the remote start wont work.
    2500 HD 09 Silverado LMM/CC/LB/Z71/LT1
    EFILive w/ DSP5 (Duramaxtuner.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Spuco View Post
    Would this also work with an after marked remote? Did a full update OS w/ DSP5 reflash and the remote start wont work.
    Don't know about the aftermarket remote, but if it doesn't work after a reflash, check the Ign cycle counter as I said; It's possible it got reset with the flash.

Don't know about the aftermarket remote, but if it doesn't work after a reflash, check the Ign cycle counter as I said; It's possible it got reset with the flash.
    Thank You
    Going to check it out in the morning.

Factory remote works however, aftermarket market will no longer work in the truck do to DSP5 OS. Spent an hr 1/2 there with them trying to reflash the remote start. Does not work do to the flash comes from a site that is based off of yr and model. He said the only way to get it back working is to go through everthing one thing at a time. I chose not to do it. Would of cost more than the remote start itself. I going to have to live with the factory remote

I can't see how having the DSP5 OS would stop it, did they give a reason for this?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast