Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LMM - another No remote start after ECM swap

And why would you want to mess with an aftermarket remote start when it has it from the factory? Factory seems to work just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I can't see how having the DSP5 OS would stop it, did they give a reason for this?
    Basically, what they said is, being that the operating system was changed the one that they are flashing the remote with is based off of a stock OS which is provided to them via internet download. So what ever is going on inside the unit it will not reconize the DSP5 OS. There is a way they can due it. Its up to me if i want to go for the exspense. They say it would take a few hr at a 85.00 per hr rate. That adds up to more than I paid for the remote start to begin with. Or they can be just to lazy to figure it out, either way I rather put the money towards my tranny build, LOL
    2500 HD 09 Silverado LMM/CC/LB/Z71/LT1
    EFILive w/ DSP5 (Duramaxtuner.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    And why would you want to mess with an aftermarket remote start when it has it from the factory? Factory seems to work just fine...
    Well, i guess you are right. However i didn't like the fact that is only ran for 10min and additional 10 if you cought it in time to reset, and second it never turned the heat on as it was supposed too. Every time i got in the truck, the heat would be off. Went through the owner manual and read that truck w/ auto controlls would turn on automaticaly, however never did. The after market was part of an alarm as well did not cost much more so i through in the remote with the alarm. Now nothing works, when i first went in the alarm worked, when they reflashed it to try to get the remote start to work everthing shut down, So needless to say i no longer have the alarm either.
    2500 HD 09 Silverado LMM/CC/LB/Z71/LT1
    EFILive w/ DSP5 (Duramaxtuner.com)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123