Thread: Checking TC and TF

Default Checking TC and TF

OK I have a 02Z06...Heads cam and fast intake with 90mm LS2 tbody....anyways....last time after i dynoed I just quit messing with the tune went to the drag stip in Nov and hadnt messed with in since(got tired of messing with it)
    OK January rolls around I finally feel like messing with it again as the cold weather rolls in (STILL IN OLSD) and cars running shitty.....surging and bucking....bucking is always there
    surging issues are worse when the weather is cold

I dont know why but i was never able to do the rafig process....anyways...logged a few extra PIDs and opened the metric rafig map....to find out my desired airflow was about 2.7g/sec low....cars seemed to run much better....even just standard acceleration from 1200 rpm to 2000 rpm normal driving was much smoother not lurchy so to speak

Now is there a map to get the TC and TF in line?

Seemed to run good when it was 55 degrees out the other day
    then i had to drive home from work it was 20 degrees, 2000 rpm clutch push in and RPMs drop so fast and goes into its surging fit....why do they drop so fast when its cold as crap but not when its 30 degrees warmer out

As far as bucking goes....might just be a simple timing fix....but seems like ive tried upping the shit outta the timing and dropping it some....nothing really helps...im thinking bout lowering it even more today to see what happens

I'll attach a tune

What do you guys think of the Timing, TC, TF table?

I know it seems like i have a lot of desired airflow but after i put these values in the next log was pretty close on the rafig map and STITs were good
    made another SMALL change in that and a 2% idle VE change and left it for the last couple days

Just looking for awnsers on bucking, and if theres a TC and TF map to get correct values in these tables. Also wanting to know why the car acts so much difference IE rpms dropping real fast when cold.

Got to thinking....I wish closed loop didnt always want to correct afr to 14.63....i wish it would correct to commanded....IE the way i have my CF in OL talbe....i want the commanded to be like it is in my OL table so when i get on it a little...I dont always want to be in PE....just want a little richer at a given map KPA...but at WOT i want it to be like my PE is set up
    Dont know if that makes sense but yea....looking to possibly go back CLMAF this spring....doing a few changes here soon (header change, and clutch change) So im sure I'll have a few adjustments to deal with

Thanks
    Kurt
    Attached Files Attached Files

btw bucking usuallyin the 1300-1800 area