Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LMM EGT Probes

Default LMM EGT Probes

Dumb question for Ross and Paul. The LBZ and LMM ECM's are the same family right (I thought they where the same hardware with different software, but I seem to recall Ross saying that the hardware was differnet)? Would it be possible, once you guys finish development of the DSP OS for the LBZ, to connect the LMM EGT probes to the LBZ ECM and be able to see the PIDs like the LMM? I looked at the schematics, and the pins used for the EGT probes in the LMM are not used in the LBZ ECM.

I think it could work, the LBZ OS's still have the EGT processing code in them, I'll add it on the 'look in to it' list

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I think it could work, the LBZ OS's still have the EGT processing code in them, I'll add it on the 'look in to it' list

Cheers,
    Ross
    Cool

Lifetime Member

Oh yeah way cool! seriously COOL!
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

Not being a jerk but why LMM pids they are not any better are you thinking of adding the stock temp probes on the dfp to the exhaust mainifold or after the turbo for egts? I'm not sure they will even last?
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Not being a jerk but why LMM pids they are not any better are you thinking of adding the stock temp probes on the dfp to the exhaust mainifold or after the turbo for egts? I'm not sure they will even last?
    The point is not to have LMM PIDs; there's nothing special about them over LBZ. The point is being able to log EGTs through the ECM (Left/Right bank, or Pre/Post turbo, for example). If they can stand up to the Regen temps (That require the "Intercooler" tip to preven spontaneous combustion of anything near the exahust exit), I'd think they could stand up to normal EGTs, especially if you're talking about a well tuned truck that pushes 1200-1400 max.

I'm no OS engineer, and certainly don't have Ross's expertiese, but I'd think that since the hardware is similar, and the LBZ OS has the "drivers" for the EGT probes, it shouldn't be hard to turn them on.

Lifetime Member

I have thought about what you want to achieve it would be neat to log egt's if they last, I got looking at them a while back but they have a weird fitting that they thread into so I said the hell with it. Another thing that would be neat would be to use the diff press sensor for drive pressure but I doubt the sensor is made for 60+ psi and I'm sure it would really piss the ecm off seeing that kind of differential.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    The point is not to have LMM PIDs; there's nothing special about them over LBZ. The point is being able to log EGTs through the ECM (Left/Right bank, or Pre/Post turbo, for example). If they can stand up to the Regen temps (That require the "Intercooler" tip to preven spontaneous combustion of anything near the exahust exit), I'd think they could stand up to normal EGTs, especially if you're talking about a well tuned truck that pushes 1200-1400 max.

I'm no OS engineer, and certainly don't have Ross's expertiese, but I'd think that since the hardware is similar, and the LBZ OS has the "drivers" for the EGT probes, it shouldn't be hard to turn them on.
    exactly
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

orange plugs *cough* *cough*

12 Second LMM

Lifetime Member

If, you guys have some good info on this why not share it? Like what kind of fitting you used to install these?
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast