Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LMM EGT Probes

Lifetime Member

yeah i know k type
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Ross, I just connected to my LBZ ECM, and did a Validate PIDs. After validating the PIDs, There's a "CATEMP1" and CATEMP2" (Catalyst Temperature Bank 1 - Sensor 1 & 2). There is no "Exahust Temperature" PID in the list (that I could find) in the V7 tool for LBZ or LMM. Under the BBL PIDs, there's EGT1A and EGT2A under the LMM PIDs, and CATEMP11 and CATEMP12 under the LBZ PIDs. Before I go steal a probe from a friend that has a de-DPF'd LMM, do you think the CATEMP PIDs are for the EGT Pins on the ECM?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Ross, I just connected to my LBZ ECM, and did a Validate PIDs. After validating the PIDs, There's a "CATEMP1" and CATEMP2" (Catalyst Temperature Bank 1 - Sensor 1 & 2). There is no "Exahust Temperature" PID in the list (that I could find) in the V7 tool for LBZ or LMM. Under the BBL PIDs, there's EGT1A and EGT2A under the LMM PIDs, and CATEMP11 and CATEMP12 under the LBZ PIDs. Before I go steal a probe from a friend that has a de-DPF'd LMM, do you think the CATEMP PIDs are for the EGT Pins on the ECM?
    you know i saw those too... And was wondering about them. I'm sure they are linked to pins but the LBZ never had cat temp sensors and the LMM didn't either?
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

CATEMP1 & CATEMP2 are SAE defined PID's, the ECM must support them.

GM.EGT1A & GM.EGT2A are specific PID's in the Bosch ECM for the EGT probe temps. I actually don't know if they produce the same numbers as the SAE PID's (I would doubt it).

If on the LBZ GM.EGT1A & GM.EGT2A don't validate then GM probably have the PID disabled. Now, it might be possible to enable it as a valid PID, but that does not mean it will work still, there might be some underlying tables that need to be set up to make the EGT probes come to life.

I've got some probes here I can hook up and see if I can make the LBZ ECM read them. I'm 99% sure it will be possible to make them work because the EDC16 ECM's all have the DPF processing code in them.

What OS are you guys running? I'd like to concentrate on one only during testing.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Operating System 12606128
    Engine Operations 12606145

Lifetime Member

6128 seems to be the most common
    4138 is a little older and not so common
    6698 is newer (i think) and i haven't seen it around much

I spent 4 hrs on this today and still I can't get the PID to validate on the LBZ ECM, typical Bosch frustration.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I spent 4 hrs on this today and still I can't get the PID to validate on the LBZ ECM, typical Bosch frustration.
    Oh wow! Im sure you already know but does it make it any easier to know which pins are associated with the EGT probes?

Off Topic
    BTW i read somewhere you were going to be releasing some MAF tables for the LBZ? Does that include fuel limiting tables related to the MAF?

I know the EGT pins, the quest is to make the LBZ ECM allow the EGT PID's to be validated.

Yes, we have been working on some more tables for the Bosch ECM. One of them is the MAF flow table for the frequency style MAF's.

Cheers,
    Ross

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123