Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to EFILive and cos

Default New to EFILive and cos

Hello all.

I just ordered EFILive yersterday and wanted to ask a few questions before tearing in and changing too much and creating a huge problem

I have a 2000 VT commodore that mostlikley runs OS 09381344 and I want to upgrade to a cos. Would the best way to do this be back up original, flash over 012900xx then use the cal values from the 2002 VX OS 1225074 tun file located on Holden Crazy.

Looking at the two tunes side by side there are quite a few diffrences. Can anyone see a problem with going about it this way ?

Thanks
    Drew

have a read of the autove procedure as its not as simple as just flashing a tne into another car. you will need a WB02 to check your afr's ben's etc best thing that ive learnt is to make small changes then see how the car drives make sre you have your scanner set up correctly and to log the pids that are needed to be logged and dont be afraid to ask questions and use the search feature

enjoy your new found fun... it becomes addictive make sure you read as much as you can

Hi Drew,

Welcome to the forum...

That would only work if the motor in the 2002 VX has identical spec's to the motor in your 2000 VT... I don't know if they are the same.

If the differences are "shallow" (not effecting basic operation) then your method would work...

It might be a good idea to copy the differing tables from your 09381344 file to a new 1225074 file... open 2 instances of the tunetool, go thru each table, if it's different do copy-with-labels and paste-with-labels... fix any transposed tables, ignore any dropped or new tables.

Thanks for the replies and the welcome

Ill be making small changes to start with to get use to the software but it would be nice to upgrade to a later os. Baldric how did you go with the Tech Edge wbo2 did you go for a kit or prebuilt?

As for the specs between the VT and VX all I have been able to find out is that the VX has a different intake manifold,injectors and maybe a cam. Looking at the Main VE table {B0101} the VX on average looks 8% higher. Injector Flow Rate {B4001} is up too for the VX.

Looking through the tunes I might be giving the copy/paste function a flogging

vt-vx are same except i think the heads are differnt 241 castings ? and the intake is a ls6 intake system. as far as i know everything else is all the same.

re wb02 i havent got one as yet my wife keeps taking all my money ...... but im after a tech edge they seem to be middle range but still good quality

VT has the LS1 manifold (VX has LS6) and smaller injectors.

you can use a vx/vy tune but will need to use the Vt injector tables.
    Back yard boost
    347+ T76 = 770 rwhp 10.96 @ 135 mph

Quote Originally Posted by johnv View Post
    VT has the LS1 manifold (VX has LS6) and smaller injectors.

you can use a vx/vy tune but will need to use the Vt injector tables.

Thanks for the info

Well all looks good, flashed over cos5 and then a 03 tun with modded tables to suite the VT.

Did some loging and looks ok. Ill post up the log and if anyone want to have a look and steer me in the right direction or point out any stuff ups it would be great thanks.

Log is the car idling for a while then a very light drive around the block
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your MAF is not working, is this intentional...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Your MAF is not working, is this intentional...?
    Yes I have set the tune up to run MAF less. Car is running well, will be getting wbo2 kit this week to have a go at the auto ve.

Thanks for taking a look joecar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast